yatzr HD recruit tool v1.11 - Login fix Topic

Thank you guys! Sorry for the confusion.
4/4/2015 9:21 AM
Posted by hughesjr on 4/4/2015 2:20:00 AM (view original):
This one (yatzr_hd_recruit_tool_1.7b1.jar) does not ask for my username and passwd.

EDIT: Never mind .. I found the options => connectivity setting and now it runs, I also seem to pull down recruits and work OK.

Doh! Looks like when I added the ability to save your password into the GD tool, I also updated some of the HD code, but never actually finished it. I finished all of that code, so it should all be working correctly now. It'll also warn you if you try to grab recruits and have not filled in your username/password settings. Sorry about the confusion!

http://gdreports.com/tools/yatzr/yatzr_hd_recruit_tool_1.7.jar
4/4/2015 2:19 PM
I now have no config.ini file
4/4/2015 8:10 PM
Posted by dirtbag13 on 4/4/2015 8:10:00 PM (view original):
I now have no config.ini file
Here is a copy of mine:  hdconfig.ini
4/4/2015 11:43 PM
Gracias, hughes...
4/7/2015 11:05 AM
Added version 1.8.
6/25/2015 12:32 PM
Added version 1.9
6/30/2015 9:23 AM
anyone have any tips for creating custom equations?  I've used player roles in HD, don't know if there is a way to make a formula based on my player roles formula
7/16/2015 1:32 PM
yeah of course you can... i havent used the tool in a while but you can just do like 19*ath + 15*spd + ... if your player roles are ath and spd. you just would not value potential at all (which is a bad idea). the reason the tool is better significantly is because you can incorporate potential, so you can actually do a solid job evaluating recruits. the equations aren't arbitrarily complex (you can't do if this then that type of stuff) but you can get pretty far with whats there.
7/16/2015 2:26 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 7/16/2015 2:26:00 PM (view original):
yeah of course you can... i havent used the tool in a while but you can just do like 19*ath + 15*spd + ... if your player roles are ath and spd. you just would not value potential at all (which is a bad idea). the reason the tool is better significantly is because you can incorporate potential, so you can actually do a solid job evaluating recruits. the equations aren't arbitrarily complex (you can't do if this then that type of stuff) but you can get pretty far with whats there.
using the example of 19*ath + 15* spd

is that is valuing ath 19 times more than what it currently is and 15 times vauation of spd?

So for my player role lets say ath comprises 15% of my players overall rating how do I input that?
7/16/2015 3:15 PM
15% would be A*0.15 but go ahead and read the message i sent you..

it should get you pointed in the right direction

1 key thing to remember is you have to label your equation exactly how it is in the game
A = Ath
SPD
LP
BLK
 and so on

7/16/2015 4:49 PM (edited)
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/16/2015 3:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gillispie1 on 7/16/2015 2:26:00 PM (view original):
using the example of 19*ath + 15* spd

is that is valuing ath 19 times more than what it currently is and 15 times vauation of spd?

So for my player role lets say ath comprises 15% of my players overall rating how do I input that?
yeah, it would be 19 times. you could do .19 to keep the numbers down or just wrap your entire equation in () and divide by 100 or 1000 at the end (or whatever you want to get things on a scale you find visually appealing). 

so right now if ath is 15% and say spd is 10% and lp 75% (to keep things simple), your equation would be (ATH*15 + SPD*10 + LP*75) / 100 or ATH*0.15 + SPD*.1 + LP.75

when i got heavy into equation editing (with a tool i wrote similar to yatzrs like 6 years ago), i would go as far to use products, like have a PER*SPD component to reflect the fact that higher spd made per intrinsically more valuable, and visa versa. i dont think its particularly necessary to go to that level, to get players ranked well enough that you can go back to the eye test for the top say 20-30 guards if you really only would expect to consider the top 10 (to make up for your equations being imperfect). but if you want to try to get it to the point where the players are literally in quality order, you have to go that route (it was more of an academic experiment for me than ever an intention to not use the eye test in the end).

i also think its really good to mention how important roles are. having a single PG or C evaluation equation is really misleading. as the most important part of the game (or at least close) is constructing a team of guys who complement each other, i think its helpful to take that role and ability type of thinking all the way back to the equations. in my equation work (which was valuable more to help me nail down my thoughts, than to really help me rank), i tried to independently calculate abilities - for example, i had a guard broken into offense, defense, guard skills, and overall (which included misc stuff, it wasn't just the first 3). that helped me really nail down my thoughts on abilities, because its much easier to rank for example 50 guards by offensive ability than by overall. from there i progressed into formulas for roles - a scoring PG formula - a non scoring PG formula - and so on. this was all back before or during my great runs like 6 years ago, long before i switched from talking about ratings to talking about abilities, and recommending everyone else did the same. but i was already doing it internally for myself. i have zero doubt its the right way to go about viewing players, their skills, and team skills. playing with equations in a tool like yatzr's is really a fantastic way to help formalize your own thoughts on abilities and what comprises them (the relative value of ratings). it was certainly helpful (and fun) for me.
7/16/2015 5:23 PM (edited)
has anyone been able to use the 1.9 version?
Connectivity has user and password but nothing has downloaded.   Just creates an empty dat file. 
7/31/2015 9:45 PM
It works about half the time for me.  I usually run it over and over again until it works.  
8/1/2015 6:48 PM
So WIS updated their site to force everyone into https, and I think this broke the tool. I posted a new version that uses https links. This solved connectivity issues with the GD tool, and I'm guessing it'll fix issues here as well. If you try it, please let me know whether or not it works.
8/1/2015 10:51 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13 Next ▸
yatzr HD recruit tool v1.11 - Login fix Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.