yatzr HD recruit tool v1.11 - Login fix Topic

I use an Excel spreadsheet,created by someone on here many seasons ago, and it is no longer is working correctly. What do I need to change to update it now. Thanks for your help.
8/2/2015 1:16 AM
v1.10 worked for me with the recruits in Allen. Thanks again for providing this great tool!
8/3/2015 3:14 PM
Posted by graham1 on 8/2/2015 1:16:00 AM (view original):
I use an Excel spreadsheet,created by someone on here many seasons ago, and it is no longer is working correctly. What do I need to change to update it now. Thanks for your help.
If you can find somewhere that it's referencing http://www.whatifsports.com, just change it to https://www.whatifsports.com (notice the 's' in https). That would be equivalent to what I did to get my program working again.
8/3/2015 4:01 PM
I downloaded the latest version.  When I launch it, I get the "Loading" window but it never loads.
8/14/2015 3:35 PM
Tried installing the latest version of Java...no affect.
8/14/2015 3:46 PM
try deleting any existing hdconfig.ini files
8/17/2015 6:37 PM
Thanks Yahtzee
8/17/2015 9:30 PM
my biggest wish would still be able to export flagged/action checked players or be able to add in a min potenial ratings under a players base of their fss using player choices of just 0,7,20
8/17/2015 10:03 PM
Updated for new WIS login.
10/15/2015 10:16 AM
The new version, 1.11, is not "updating Multiples" for me.

Edit:  It did do 'update multiples' on a second run, so not a huge error.

10/21/2015 11:52 PM (edited)
I've been using this since GD, before yatz brought it over to HD, including the recruiting that just wrapped up in Smith. For some reason, I'm not able to open the file anymore in advance of Iba recruiting. Anyone else having this issue, or anyone have thoughts on a quick fix I could try? I tried restarting, shutting down, and saving the most updated version over the previous file (which I already had been using since the latest update was provided)
1/10/2016 9:43 PM
not able to open the file... you mean the actual recruiting program file, or you mean within the recruiting program, the file that has the season data saved?

if you are able, open a dos prompt (start menu, run box, type cmd, enter), and go to the directory with yatzr's program in it. use the cd command and the directory name to navigate, or else, just see where the dos prompt starts you at (it tells you every time you hit enter) and use windows explorer to copy yatzr's program over to the starting directory, so you dont have to navigate around. then type like 

java yatzr_hd_recruit_tool_1.3.jar  

except after the java part, put in the actual file name of the version you have of yatzr's tool. make sure you include the .jar at the end, the .jar may or may not show up when you look at the file in windows explorer.

anyway, that should either work or give you an error, if you paste the error here, i can maybe help figure it out. might want to try:
java -version

as well and paste that output too.

1/11/2016 11:34 AM
I couldn't figure out how to navigate the dos window (shocker!), but I did find this in the log file in my yatzr directory:
java.lang.outofmemoryerror: java heap space

My issue is that I'm not able to open the program file - it gets stuck on the loading screen

Major bummer!!!
1/15/2016 12:22 AM
java heap space eh? i will have to download the new version myself and see if it hits memory limit for me. generally speaking, java programs are launched with i think a 75MB heap space by default. presumably your computer has more than enough room for that, but just to be sure, are you running a really old computer? you can change the heap space java programs launch with but again, has to be through the command window. what version of windows are you on? i think in some you can go to start menu -> programs / all programs -> accessories -> command prompt. 

typically this will start you at a window that says something like c:\users\Joe or something. move your yatzr program to that directory, and then to execute it, type:
java -Xmx800m <name of file including the .jar at the end>

this will start the program with a cap of 800m instead of 75m of ram and then you shouldn't have the program run out of memory. actually im running an old version of yatzrs (all i have on this pc) and its taking a crap ton of ram, i never noticed that... java can be VERY memory inefficient, especially if you aren't focused on that aspect. it might be that your computer is just running out of memory.

before you try the above, with the command prompt, just open your task manager (right click on your task bar at the bottom of your screen, and click start task manager). go to performance. it should show the amount of memory on the left side, under Physical Memory. what is the total, and what is the free? then, run yatzr's program. what is the free now as it starts to crap out? if the free is about 0, your computer may be running out of ram, maybe closing other stuff while you use his program will free up some ram. if its not near 0 (if its more than 100 or 200 or so), when his program dies, then you need to try why i posted above. that error you have means it ran out of ram, so its got to be one of these two things... computer running out of ram, or program running out of ram.

edit: here is a link that might be able to help you get your command prompt open

1/15/2016 11:01 AM
Okay, so I run windows 7, 32-bit (long story). I have 3307mb total physical memory, 962 cached, 1342 available and 427 free (yikes). When I try to run the Yatzr program by opening it from Windows, it moves my free memory to 362 before the program can even load.

I figured out how to open command prompt, just couldn't figure out how to navigate to the Yatzr tool.

How do I free up more memory? Clearly this is a bigger problem for me than just the Yatzr tool as I also use this computer for work.

Thanks for the great advice so far, much appreciated!
1/15/2016 2:57 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13 Next ▸
yatzr HD recruit tool v1.11 - Login fix Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.