So, I know AAA players are normalized against the last available season (2011 in this case) instead of the underlying RL season for the player generated as a AAA player, but as I was perusing the WIS League Averages Page it hit me that I don't know if they are normalized to the AL or NL or if it is to the MLB average for 2011. Does anyone here know whether they are normalized to the MLB average or to a specific league or if there is some variable that determines whether they are normalized to one league or the other?

6/14/2012 6:40 PM
I'm fairly certain it's whichever league they played in still, not entirely sure what they did about those super-AAA guys who didn't play in either active league but obviously they figured something out; maybe it's always the AL/NL or randomly selected, beats me.
6/14/2012 10:19 PM
Following up on this, what about guys from the defunct leagues like the AA, UL, PL, or FL? I'm inclined to think it might be the MLB average or some variable to determine AL/NL...
1/1/2013 4:19 PM
I think they are normalized to hit against NY Yankees pitching from the mid- to late- 1980s. 
1/2/2013 6:54 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.