Posted by boogerlips on 7/12/2012 3:32:00 AM (view original):Figured out a new way to do it. At least new to me so I thought I'd share.
Step 1) Leftclick green draft button.
Step 2) In the address bar, change the number towards the end of the url to the desired position number (C is '1', 1B is '2' etc...) and press enter.
Step 3) You'll get an error message. Don't panic! Press the red 'X' next to the player to delete him and hit 'OK'.
Step 4) Hit your browser's back button.......BAM!
1) Draft the player you want in any other roster spot. When you do so, you will return to the draft center.
2) Copy your web page address.
3) Delete the player you just drafted.
4) Paste the address you just copied in step 2 into your browser, but do not type [enter]. The web adress you just copied and pasted will end in something like this spot=4&playerid=1234567. The last seven digits are associated with a particulat player; the number after "spot=" corespond to a roster spot.
5) Edit the web adress by changing the number after "spot=" to the number of the position you desire.
6) Type [enter] and the player you drafted in step 1 should appear in the spot you desire..
For example, if you wanted to draft 2011 Placido Polanco in your catcher spot, your could draft him as thirdbaseman and copy from your browser this address:
After deleting him, paste that same address into your browser editing the number after spot= from 4 to 1:
Hit enter and 2011 Polanco is now in your catcher spot.
Posted by elbirdo on 7/13/2012 7:54:00 PM (view original):I would be careful about doing this anymore. It's probably now a violation of the new fair play guidelines, and if someone complains the penalties from WIS are pretty severe.
Posted by just4me on 7/13/2012 9:40:00 PM (view original):Posted by elbirdo on 7/13/2012 7:54:00 PM (view original):I would be careful about doing this anymore. It's probably now a violation of the new fair play guidelines, and if someone complains the penalties from WIS are pretty severe.Yeah, that was my first thought on the "loophole" section of the new fair play guidelines. So, I'd stay away from this in OLs as much as possible, and just use it for theme leagues.
Posted by dahsdebater on 12/9/2012 2:51:00 PM (view original):Both of your methods require you to actually draft the player and cut him. Why not just copy the link to draft the guy and paste it with a changed positional assignment? Simpler process.
© 1999-2017 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.