All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > 2012 Redesign Discussion > Theme Commissioner Feedback Wanted...
8/6/2012 12:14 PM
Hard to say which is worse, the headache from trying to makes sense of the gibberish above, or the ideas hidden beneath it. What does counting to 24 have to do with anything?
- A commissioner can prevent wrong years from being used by whitelisting only the seasons that are eligible; if an owner has a player with a different season on the roster, the team can't be entered. PROBLEM ALREADY SOLVED

- Owners can put King Kelly at Catcher themselves; just check Include Secondary Positions when searching. You can put any player you want at Catcher, wth no need for a ticket. There are forum threads that explain how. PROBLEM ALREADY SOLVED

- Giving the commissioner the ability to replace players on anyone's roster would be a horrible, terrible, awful idea. If an owner won't fix a roster, remove him from the league (that would be a good ability for a commissioner to have).
8/6/2012 11:06 PM
I think giving the commish power to edit rosters is a great idea.  

It should be public, similar to when the commish aligns the league, a message should be put on the board:  "the commissioner removed OF-Hank Aaron from the Atlanta Braves..." or something like that - There is nothing more frustrating as a commish to wait days for an owner to get his team in, and then find a mistake only to wait another 3-4 days for it to be fixed.  

8/6/2012 11:07 PM
It could be an optional feature, so owners like yourself can refrain from leagues that use that function.  I, however, think it would be very convenient. 
8/11/2012 12:01 PM
I would like to be able pin threads in the private forum.   I hate having to bump the stupid rules page every few months.
8/11/2012 2:53 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 8/11/2012 12:01:00 PM (view original):
I would like to be able pin threads in the private forum.   I hate having to bump the stupid rules page every few months.
yes.  this would be nice
8/11/2012 6:21 PM
I concur on thread pinning.
8/12/2012 12:36 AM
In HBD "date last logged in" appears for all owners. Any chance we will see this in sim leagues? Would help commish with possible AWOL owners.
9/7/2012 5:50 PM
It should be easier to black list seasons in the theme wizard.  Currently you have to manually add each season to the black list box. There must be a way that this could be done more efficiently.  If I want to black list 1885-1920, you have to do so for each season for pitchers and hitters.  I would think a drag and drop function and being able to select multiple seasons by holding down your control key or highlighting multiple seasons with your mouse could be possible.  
10/6/2012 11:13 PM
In "no clone" leagues with UPicEm AAAs....don't allow a manager to pick up a clone of a AAA off the WW. (expand the "no clone" restriction" to all players on a roster - both Major and Minor (AAA)
10/28/2012 11:38 PM (edited)
Since I just got done aligning divisions in my theme league, instead of having a drop down box for the division with the team fixed, I would like this reversed.  When the divisions don't get aligned properly, all the divisions get reset & you lose your work.

The current configuration makes it difficult to tell if each division has an equal number of teams.

A better way would have all the teams in a list, & be able to drag the team next to the division. 

11/11/2012 3:51 PM
At this stage of the game, I would just like to see some interest shown by admin. I am not alone in feeling isolated and neglected. It is nearly impossible to fill theme leagues. I see more and more complaints of slow responses to tickets. Where are you guys?
11/11/2012 9:12 PM
Posted by chargingryno on 8/1/2012 6:52:00 PM (view original):
For the 5 year reward money - allow commissioners to be eligible.  Being a commish is a lot of work, if a commish wants to keep all $50 for himself he should be able to, especially if he runs a good enough league to keep 50% of original owners.  

If a commish wants to set up rewards for owners in the league for the dispersal, the commish's team should be able to compete for those prizes as well.   Just because he gets the league founder credit doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to be rewarded within the league as well.  

i TOTALLY DISAGREE with this idea

the reward is watching your baby walk

all you will get if you do this is ten times as many leagues proposed in the classifieds

and one tenth as many filled

11/12/2012 9:16 AM
Posted by bagchucker on 11/11/2012 9:12:00 PM (view original):
For the 5 year reward money - allow commissioners to be eligible.  Being a commish is a lot of work, if a commish wants to keep all $50 for himself he should be able to, especially if he runs a good enough league to keep 50% of original owners.  

If a commish wants to set up rewards for owners in the league for the dispersal, the commish's team should be able to compete for those prizes as well.   Just because he gets the league founder credit doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to be rewarded within the league as well.  

all you will get if you do this is ten times as many leagues proposed in the classifieds

This is an interesting discussion. I can see both sides of this, but I lean toward the bagchucker. I have a non-prog league that has gone more than 5 seasons, so I guess this only applies to prog leagues. does the commish not qualify for any of the reward money? I am in two progs, and I have to say that the commishes in each of those leagues do a lot of work keeping things running smoothly. I would also say that without the extra effort they put into these leagues, they would probably fold. So they do deserve to be rewarded. WIS gets $12.95 X 23 five times, and admin does absolutely nothing. This site has been on auto pilot for a long time. Without the prog league commissioners efforts far beyond the call of duty, these leagues, and that revenue, would be gone.
11/13/2012 1:05 AM
Posted by bagchucker on 11/11/2012 9:12:00 PM (view original):

I didn't know we weren't eligible... I've rewarded myself $10 on probably 4-5 occasions when I've designated $10 prizes for various accomplishments. I have made myself ineligible for some and eligible for others and if I've won I've had admin send me the $10. If they ever denied me, I'd just reference the previous tickets where they gave it to me. As far as I'm concerned if I, as the commish list the way the $50 will be distributed and I note that I am also eligible and the rest of the league joins in or doesn't quit, then all is fair. However, if I am just giving it to myself without any communication to the league that's a different story. Admin already checks the league rules and the league discussion board for various tickets (playoff eligibility, forfeits, etc...), why should this be any different?
of 2
All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > 2012 Redesign Discussion > Theme Commissioner Feedback Wanted...

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.