Ncih $52mill Divisions Topic

Look let's just keep it simple and do it old school style like back in the day only. Only instead of selecting the best owners teams each of the 4 division captains picks the worst owners teams to fill the divisions first. Forget the serpentine drafting style. The whole point of this is to let the Camp get his first shot at the Chumps LOL.

So the Champ this time around or in other words ME gets to pick # 1, # 5, # 9, # 13 # 17 and # 21. That's the way this should work period. And you are not picking by worst owner first you are picking by the worst teams perceived to have been drafted first. Does that make sense?
12/13/2012 6:53 PM (edited)
This idea had it's one shot and lost.

It's dead.
12/13/2012 12:55 PM
Okay I understand ncih.
12/13/2012 2:02 PM
Where is the harm in doing a vote? There are a total of three people that are in this league that voted NO in the ODL: tar, evil, and gin. Ironically tar and gin would be 2 of the 4 people doing the drafting this time. The four YES votes from last time are all in this league, and it sounds like Vance would like to give it a try as well. Without ash doing a lobby against it IMO there really isn't anyone that LOVES random divisions.
12/13/2012 3:19 PM
I would vote yes this time, for the record.
12/13/2012 3:29 PM
I'd be fine w/ doing it now too, but if ncih doesn't want to do it that's fine too. It's his league and he can do what he wants.
12/13/2012 6:37 PM
I would be fine with any method used to try to divide up the teams that is better than the random order. However, I respect ncih very much and it is his league.

It is sort of a pain when obviously one conference has by far the best three teams. But, we really don't know who those teams are until at least half way through the season. If I remeber correctly my team from last season was predicted to finish at best 3rd in my division and not even make the playoffs. THAT TEAM WAS THE WINNER. So even though some of us thought that we knew way in advance who all of the best teams were we certainly didn't.

Okay ncih you know what to do next. . . "randomly assign" nate's team into my division along with tarheel's, dh555's, scud's one of 98's teams and let's see what happens. It might keep nate quiet for a week or 2 and then he can spend his time on more productive projects such as. . .  figuring out why the world really is flat or how many times a year the sun revolves around the earth.
12/13/2012 7:08 PM
Posted by natenoy on 8/15/2012 11:43:00 PM (view original):
dh pls run it by ncih and see if you can get buy-in. This would give us all something to follow while the slackers take 3-4 days to get thier teams in.

Also I HATE the idea of randomness putting the divisions together, you could have the second best team in the league and not even win your division, or what if "randomness" puts the four of you in the SAME division this season, how is that fair?

I think this system helps assure a pretty even distribution of the stronger teams across the divisions. Clearly the four of you KNOW what you are doing or you would not have won last season, and hey if someone doesn't want to spend the time doing this I bet the person with the next best record would to assure he is not in the same division with 2 or 3 of you this season.
Its not a question of fairness..... its the best way for owners who normally do not make the playoffs in these higher echelon leagues (ODL and NCIH Draft) to get in.

I mean the NBA does not realign based on best teams in a conference or division.  And even though we do change here it is the same as real life.....  sometimes the best teams are in the same conference AND even the same division.  Life isn't fair sometimes and luck of the draw is fairest here.

12/13/2012 7:30 PM
Ncih already got me in the ODL this time, have you seen the guys in those "random divisions"?
12/13/2012 7:31 PM
And Nate... I assure you the ODL will not take on something like this.  Historically its the most correct league in this sim except only for the draft slot selection.  And I would even argue that slot selections instead of order of finish is even more fair than record based.  I am not saying any one idea is wrong.... or anyone person for that matter.  Just don;t think its broke and therefore does not need fixing IMO
12/13/2012 7:33 PM
Thanks for your input jakotay, I respect your opinion. The problem I have is that a large number of us want to give this a try and the issue has been labeled "dead" becauce of a vote 3 months ago from a completely different league. Ncih killed the idea for the ODL so I let it go there, but dh555, I and others would like to see it in action at least one time in this league, all I'm asking for is a vote on the issue.
12/13/2012 8:01 PM
And jakotay wow much would you enjoy it if vance picked you 1st then your team turned out to be better than his? It just sucks that once the league starts that's basically it, maybe 10-15 posts on the league message board over a 2-month period, then we wait over a month and draft again. This idea would fire up the banter ALL season long, Id love to get picked early then taunt the guy that picked me if my team is better, or give him props if my team is weak, there are a lot of fun possibilities with this idea, and there is nothing fun about a dead league message board and the long wait for the next draft where for 2-3 weeks the banter rolls again, followed by the sometimes horrific random division assignment. You really want to win hoping to hit the division draw lotto? Or do you want to win in style?
12/13/2012 8:11 PM
◂ Prev 1234
Ncih $52mill Divisions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.