WAIVER WIRE XIII
After taking a few months off, the Waiver Wire League is back! This version rewinds the clock and takes us back to basics once again. The rules:
- Begin by drafting your team consisting of players costing $165,000 (with the exception of 1 wild card player)
- You may draft 1 wild card player, any cost, any position
- Build your championship team by claiming 1 player per calendar day off of the waiver wire costing more than $165,000 once the league schedule has been generated. (If you missed making a claim one day, you may not make 2 claims the next).
- ALL $165,000 players MUST BE RELEASED by the transaction deadline. You can not put them in the minors, nor can you leave them on your final roster. They take up a roster spot that must be taken by a player you claimed with a salary over $165,000.
- No clones
- The last two calendar days prior to the transaction deadline are multiple claiming days. If you missed making your one claim per day before,or had some roster spots to fill, you may make as many (or as few) claims as you'd like during this 2 day time period. This allows everyone to have all of their $165,000 players to be released by the deadline.
- $75 million cap
- Max. injuries at 4, trades allowed-6 to veto, relaxed rosters, NEVER playoff intensity, BA minor leaguers (who must also remain in the minors after the transaction deadline).
This league is a ton of fun and involves some strategy and some luck. Do you claim the defenseman with an 80 d rating in the morning, only to watch a Lemieux or Gretzky appear later in the day, or do you wait patiently for that stud to appear at a later hour (who sometimes never does)?
If an owner accidentally claims more than one player on a calendar day, both players must be released and the owner may make another waiver wire claim on the next calendar day (all games played with illegal players, whether dressed or not, will be forefitted). If an owner has any $165,000 players on his roster after the transaction deadline (with the exception of ml'ers), the violating owner will forefit all remaing games and will lose a spot in the playoffs if one was earned.
That's it gang. Pretty simple. No restrictions on defense ratings or salaries (other than the minimum-over $165,000). Hope to see you all there! NHL28582
9/9/2012 10:42 AM (edited)