THE League for Managers!!! $69m cap! MLB 102281 Topic

You don't want cookies? You don't want a league of teams on auto pilot? This is your league!
   Hitters: 100 PA/162 minimum. 500 PA/162 max. no more than 40 SBs
   Pitchers: 60 IP/162 minimum, 225 IP/162 max, .25 HR/9 minimum.
   No trades, No WW. No clones.
   6/2 average u-pic AAA, must comply with league rules. Also, they cannot be called up until game 100, and at game 120, your roster must be set. In addition, you can only promote 4 AAA players, in a 3-1 or 2-2 combo. You may not ever have more than 4 AAA players called up.
   Injuries on. Any ball park.
   No black list, it isn't necessary. Choose any player, from any era you like. This league is a bona fide test of your drafting and managing smarts.

9/28/2012 1:04 AM (edited)
22 in now
10/7/2012 7:34 PM (edited)
Obviously, I'm in on this one.  Good league last time.

All - If you are looking for a league that
- Will be a challenge to build a team... You'll have weaknesses.  Every team in the league will
- Will keep you active and interested all season as you manage fatigue and wait eagerly for the AAA call up
- Will have active and interested owners
- Will have players produce very close to real life numbers

Then please consider this league. 
9/11/2012 2:09 PM (edited)
El bumpo for the commish.

Come on, you want the challenge.  You'll never play in such an active league again
9/11/2012 2:11 PM
I've never been in a league where the AAA meant so much! Everyone was excited last season, as most teams suffered from severe fatigue. Things have been tweaked for this next season and you won't have managers taking advantage of WW. Rookies, you can do this too! This was only my second theme league and I thought it was a ton of fun even without the tweaks. Lots of interaction between managers... Draft some of your favorite players, whether they were superstars or not and be amazed how they become All-Stars. Spike Owens can be an All-Star in this league! 
9/19/2012 12:31 PM
I'm in
9/28/2012 12:30 PM
thank you zoldab. This is a league and a season you will not forget!
9/29/2012 12:22 AM
Hey...I'll give it a try...no one is signing up for mine anyway! 
Got my team in....so it looks like the triple A guys are set for us in GMs office - right? - I was a little confused if I was supposed to draft them.

9/30/2012 8:56 AM (edited)
Posted by cellodave on 9/30/2012 8:56:00 AM (view original):
Hey...I'll give it a try...no one is signing up for mine anyway! 
Got my team in....so it looks like the triple A guys are set for us in GMs office - right? - I was a little confused if I was supposed to draft them.

Cellodave, after you complete your 25 man roster, another draft screen will appear below your roster. scroll down to find it. Then, you draft your AAA players the same as your original roster. There will also appear a warning, that you have the option to draft your AAA before you enter the team into the league. Scroll all the way down, and you will find the draft board.
9/30/2012 2:13 PM
We have 20 teams entered... Need 4 more to start.  Come on by, it's a very interesting theme.
10/4/2012 10:35 AM
Cellodave just sent me a site mail, a potential 2 more coming in. Let's hope! We are so close!
10/5/2012 4:08 PM
In!
10/8/2012 5:14 AM
23 teams are entered.... All we need is YOUR team for the league to start!
10/8/2012 2:12 PM
Is this full now?  I can't seem to enter my team... if you're still accepting teams.

10/11/2012 12:48 AM (edited)
THE League for Managers!!! $69m cap! MLB 102281 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.