Biggest week 1 overreaction Topic

I'm torn.

1.  The Jets offense.   No, Sanchez isn't suddenly a top 5 QB.   Do it a few more times.

2.  The 49ers.   Everyone thought last season was a fluke.  A perfect storm.  Now, after beating one dimensional GB(and that one dimension is passing offense because they can't run or play D), they're going to the Super Bowl. 
9/11/2012 10:48 AM
LONG SNAPPERS
9/11/2012 11:04 AM

Gotta be the Jets out of those 2.   There was definitely a degree of skepticism about the 49ers, but I also heard plenty of people talking about that game as a potential NFC championship preview, so of course SF is going to come out of winning in Lambeau looking really good in most people's minds.  The consensus about the Jets was that they were going to have to win games 13-10.

That being said, Week 1 reactions suck in general, because they are based on assumptions about who is actually good that are built only on what they did last year and offseason hype.   Green Bay was 15-1 last year, so we assume they're really good this year.  The Bills made a bunch of moves on the defensive side of the ball, so we assume they should have a good defense this year, etc.

9/11/2012 11:30 AM
Ogletree is the best WR of all time, according to the waiver wire in my fantasy league.
9/12/2012 2:32 PM
RGIII
9/13/2012 2:59 PM
Revisiting.
12/23/2012 2:26 PM
Biggest week 1 overreaction Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.