ok, I know I only post complaints but here we go......

It's hard to understand why I am seeing other teams get in the NT either worse schedules or worse RPI/SOS combos. I schedule tough so I can hopefully get a couple of really good wins and not have to worry about the slugs in my conference killing my RPI. I failed to do so this season. I did beat the 2nd place team in my div, which made the NT, in the reg season. That was my best win by far.

Here are 3 examples:

Otterbein getting in? 18-9 with RPI and SOS in the low 70s? Really?!?! Could finishing second in your conf div be that important that I finished 3rd, to two NT teams and can't get a sniff?

Another one is SUNY Geneseo. They have two bad losses in conf, including the conf tourny. Play a ridic easy schedule, and have an RPI 8 lower than mine with a 214 SOS and get in. Again, second place in their conf? Is that the reason?

How about Concordia. Two good wins, one really bad loss. Low 60s RPI and low 80s SOS. In at large.

My team, No bad losses. No loss to a team with a 50+ RPI. 32 SOS. 1 good win against Medgar Evers. But, I finish third in conf because Staten Is, Medgar and me are basically the only good teams.

I really can't figure this one, accept that they all finished 2nd in conf play. I was ok with the PIT, until I looked at who got in and why they are considered "better" than my team.
9/14/2012 10:06 AM
Your 3rd place finish isn't a problem..that's not considered in the selection process. RPI, also, has been devalued

If I understand the new process correctly, it's no longer good enough to just play tough teams; you also have to beat some of them.

You were 1-10 vs. the top 100.
Genesco was 2-1;  Otterbein was 3-9; Concordia was 1-6.

If I had a vote, I'd put you in. But I suspect your top 100 results did you in.
9/14/2012 12:46 PM

I can understand your frustration with not getting in. I'd be a little ticked if it were my team on that edge of the sword. On a more selfish note, I'm glad Concordia got in because it'll help the conference with $3,000 for their probable first round bloodbath loss.

9/14/2012 2:37 PM
Yeah, that sucks. At a quick glance your team looks like it has a NT-worthy resume, but it's definitely a close call. But when you're scheduling your non-conference opponents, you want to schedule the hardest opponents that you think you can beat, not just the hardest opponents available.

I do look at Otterbein and Genesco and think you deserved to be in over them, but it's not a clear cut choice. I think my biggest surprise is that you were so far off the "First teams out" list.
9/16/2012 12:56 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.