1 committed owner needed for the BALD League Topic

The BALD league is once again looking for a new owner to take over a team.  The team is composed entirely of ML players and the draft picks have been made and signed.  It is ready and waiting for a new owner to take over.

Let me caution you that this is NOT a league which you can just set your team on auto-pilot and not worry about anything happening.  This league takes management skills as there are so many factors to consider.  If you are a dedicated owner and are willing to accept the challenge, by all means, sitemail me.  We are looking for an owner who will commit to the next 6 seasons.

Now, with that said, let me tell you what makes this league atypical from all other leagues that continue from year to year, beside the fact that all the players are ML’ers.

The draft is unlike any other ML draft.  All players in the draft pool have had their attributes randomized.  That means you could find a player with 95 Stamina, 40 Shooting, 75 Skating, 30 Toughness and 15 Defence as well as a player with 85 Stamina, 80 Shooting, 74 Skating, 95 Toughness and 90 Defence.  When the draft comes along at season’s end believe me, you must make your wish list and complete it to ensure you might get a chance of getting your desired player.

Another feature of the league is that you can rename all your players and team.  All teams are based on a theme.  Some of the current teams are:  UFC Knockout Kings, Zero’s Choir Boys, Boob Tube Bruisers and The Amigos of the Blue Agave.  Naming the players is half the fun of the league and reading the box scores and seeing name like Hakizimana Abamomyolorunkoje scoring goals is a real treat.

One final component of the league that makes it so special are the owners.  Zero1940 holds the dubious distinction of being the elder statesman; there is chuckinrlp who has won over 100 cups, but NEVER one where it counts the most…in this league (lol), a few Sapheads remain, and last but not least, join this league and you get to not only trash talk but lay a beating on the Big Cheese as he has been affectionately called, the infamous Mike Welch.

This league is not for the faint of heart.  It is a blast, I promise you.  But you need to manage your team.

Oh, I forgot to mention.  You need to commit for the next 6 seasons...however, there is NO COST to you whatsoever!!

Sitemail me if you are up for the challenge.

9/14/2012 2:39 PM
1 committed owner needed for the BALD League Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.