F1 TV League LIVE FERNANDO ALONSO 1-1/18 Topic

Uhhh yeah, down here in the NASCAR forum, I've got something fun for us to do.

I've been playing a racing game on the Playstation 3 called Formula One Championship Edition, and it's based on the 2006 Formula One Season...11 teams, 22 drivers, 18 tracks.  There's a feature on the game called F1 TV where I can simulate races in a variety of conditions (Variable, Sunny, Cloudy, Light Rain, Heavy Rain) where accidents, pit stops, and car problems/engine blowups all occur or can occur, thus I thought I'd create a challenge/game out of this, and here's how it will work.

-We will each snake-style draft (1-22, 2-21, 3-20, and so on) our own 2-driver teams
-I will then randomize the 18 race schedule using random.org and that's how the season will commence
-You will receive 100 qualifying points for each of your drivers to be used across the 18 races.  You'll submit as many points as you like for each race and the highest number of points used for a particular race, that driver will start on pole (1st place), 2nd most, second, and so on. YOU MUST USE WHOLE NUMBERS, NO DECIMALS/FRACTIONS.  In the event of a "tie" in qualifying points (say two drivers both use 10 points each) I will again use random.org to break that deadlock.  You can use your entire 100 qualifying points on one race if you like and you'll probably be on pole for that race, but you'll be screwed and have a poor starting position for the rest of the season.  STARTING POSITION IS EXTREMELY VITAL IN FORMULA ONE.

SAMPLE QUALIFYING GRID
1 - Yuji Ide - 100
2 - Fernando Alonso - 22
3 - Jarno Trulli - 17
4 - Michael Schumacher - 15
5 - Nico Rosberg - 10
6 - Kimi Raikkonen - 10
7 - Juan Pablo Montoya - 10

Once you've/we've all submitted our points for qualifying, I will set the grid and run the race.  We should be able to do 1 race a day if everyone keeps up.
-Unlike real F1, all positions (1 thru 22) will receive points according to this format...top number is for first place, last is for 22nd...

The driver with the most points at the end of 18 races wins the F1 TV league Driver's Championship
The team/constructor (your 2 driver team) with the most points will win the F1 TV league Constructor's Championship

If you have any questions, please ask...hope we fill this thing quickly, very excited to run this!

OWNERS
1. colonels19
9/15/2012 10:47 AM (edited)
Driver Pool

Fernando Alonso - REN
Giancarlo Fisichella - REN
Kimi Raikkonen - MCL
Juan Pablo Montoya - MCL
Michael Schumacher - FER
Felipe Massa - FER
Ralf Schumacher - TOY
Jarno Trulli - TOY
Mark Webber - WIL
Nico Rosberg - WIL
Rubens Barrichello - HON
Jenson Button - HON
David Coulthard - RBR
Christian Klien - RBR
Nick Heidfeld - BMW
Jacques Villeneuve - BMW
Tiago Monteiro - MID
Christijan Albers - MID
Vitantonio Liuzzi - TOR
Scott Speed - TOR
Takuma Sato - SUP
Yuji Ide - SUP

9/15/2012 10:53 AM (edited)
The drivers have no official ratings in the F1 Championship Edition game, however they are listed in this order in the "Learning Center" in the game itself...I provided the above driver and team points as points of references since there are no real ratings.  Here's the list according to the game (I would call this unofficial as a driver rating system...keep in mind the game was released in late 2006/early 2007 on the PS3, but prior to it had been released as F1 06 in Europe for the PS2 in late July 2006)

Renault
Fernando Alonso
Giancarlo Fisichella

McLaren
Kimi Raikkonen
Juan Pablo Montoya

Ferrari
Michael Schumacher
Felipe Massa

Toyota
Ralf Schumacher
Jarno Trulli

Williams
Mark Webber
Nico Rosberg

Honda
Rubens Barrichello
Jenson Button

Red Bull
David Coulthard
Christian Klien

BMW Sauber
Nick Heidfeld
Jacques Villeneuve

Midland
Tiago Monteiro
Christijan Albers

Toro Rosso
Vitantonio Liuzzi
Scott Speed

Super Aguri
Takuma Sato
Yuji Ide

9/15/2012 10:11 AM
SEASON 1 SCHEDULE
  1. Turkish Grand Prix - Istanbul Park, Tuzla
  2. Canadian Grand Prix - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montreal
  3. United States Grand Prix - Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indianapolis
  4. Brazilian Grand Prix - Autódromo José Carlos Pace (Interlagos), São Paulo
  5. French Grand Prix - Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours, Magny-Cours
  6. Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, Budapest
  7. San Marino Grand Prix - Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari, Imola
  8. Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai International Circuit, Shanghai
  9. British Grand Prix - Silverstone Circuit, Silverstone
  10. Monaco Grand Prix - Circuit de Monaco, Monte Carlo
  11. European Grand Prix - Nürburgring, Nürburg
  12. Bahrain Grand Prix - Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir
  13. Japanese Grand Prix - Suzuka Circuit, Suzuka
  14. Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang International Circuit, Kuala Lumpur
  15. Australian Grand Prix - Albert Park, Melbourne
  16. Italian Grand Prix - Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Monza
  17. Spanish Grand Prix - Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona
  18. German Grand Prix - Hockenheimring, Hockenheim

Timestamp: 2012-09-15 14:54:17 UTC

9/15/2012 10:56 AM
C'mon now, don't be shy lol
9/15/2012 9:22 PM
So I started this up last night by myself, I chose to pick one driver to manage (Fernando Alonso) and guide him through a makeshift season that I determined from random.org (different than the above schedule).

I'm using my 2006 BPI scoring system to determine each race's starting position (the only thing I have control of in this F1 TV league) for Alonso, and to further explain, he earned 365.4 points that year, thus I would have to use 24.2 points to start him at 1st for one race, 21 points to start him at 2nd for one race, 20 for 3rd, 19 for 4th, and so on down to 1 point for last, 22nd.  I've already calculated my strategy and am able/going to start him 2nd, 17 times and the one remaining race I will start him 15th, because he'll only have 8.4 points remaining.

To provide some background, before each race a weighted, random starting grid pops up that I can adjust...the big boys are normally at the top (Ferrari, Renault, McLaren) while the shittier teams are at the bottom (Midland, Super Aguri, Toro Rosso).  I will put Alonso wherever I want to start him, but I will then also adjust the grid accordingly, so if for some odd reason Alonso is initially lined up on the grid 18th, and I put him to 2nd which bumps Michael Schumacher to 18th, I would then put Schumacher 3rd and scale the rest of the drivers down 1 position as to not upset the competitive balance.  I'm running full races which can take up to 2 hours long, just watching computer sim the race, doing other things, etc.

The first race of the season was at Monaco.  I started Fernando Alonso 2nd and he finished 2nd.  He pitted 3 times but all at the same time of the leader Felipe Massa, thus he never got ahead, Monaco is tough to pass at anyhow.  The goal is to try to win a championship (most points over 18 races) most likely using my BPIX number, and it should be relatively easy with the actual 2006 champ and the number of points I have at my ready...should being the keyword.  I'll keep this updated I think.  Long post but all pertinent...Australia is next.

9/29/2012 10:47 AM
FERNANDO ALONSO (365.4) SEASON 1 EFFONE TV LEAGUE

1 - MON (9-28-12) Start 2nd - Finish 2nd
2 - AUS (10-1-12) 2-2
10/2/2012 4:06 PM (edited)
And of course...a setback...

I ran the Australian Grand Prix race last night...I started ALO 2nd again and he finished 2nd again...Schumacher won, and as I was recording the results via camcorder on my phone (the screen goes too fast to write it all down initially), it shows me drivers 1-11 on the first page and if I press X to continue, it would show me drivers 12-22 as well.  The first race at Monaco, I didn't have to do this, it just progressed from top 11 to bottom 11, so I just was recording the AUS results, waiting for it to go to the next page without me hitting next, and it just went back to the main menu...frustrating, so I don't know the order of the bottom 11...*sigh*...we'll see where I go from here.

10/2/2012 4:05 PM
Another interesting point of interest for this thing...I was able to find Formula One 2001 for the PS2 and it too has a spectator mode (made by the same company as the other game) and the final standings are much more user friendly and will stay up there until I physically press a button to get rid of them.  I think on F1 World Championship Edition I could pull it off as well, I would just have to be sure to push the continue button every time...Murray Walker reads off the finishers on the 2001 version, but the simulation doesn't seem as good, I think guys were running identical lap times, 3 laps in a row or what have you, so...
10/3/2012 11:31 PM
Maybe resuming this soon, or starting anew...we shall see...I hate when things don't run smoothly lol
11/4/2012 11:05 AM

FINAL 2006 BPI-FORMULA ONE STANDINGS

Rank

Driver

Starts

Wins

BPI

Fernando Alonso

Michael Schumacher

Felipe Massa

Giancarlo Fisichella

Jenson Button

Kimi Raikkonen

Rubens Barrichello

Nick Heidfeld

Ralf Schumacher

David Coulthard

Jarno Trulli

Vitantonio Liuzzi

Scott Speed

Nico Rosberg

Mark Webber

Christijan Albers

Jacques Villeneuve

133 (203)

Tiago Monteiro

t-19

Christian Klien

124 (156)

t-19

Juan Pablo Montoya

124 (230)

Takuma Sato

Pedro de la Rosa

Robert Kubica

Robert Doornbos

t-25

Sakon Yamamoto

t-25

Franck Montagny

Yuji Ide

23 (83)

11/20/2012 11:05 AM
F1 TV League LIVE FERNANDO ALONSO 1-1/18 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.