Minimum MiL Roster Size Topic

To encourage owners to fill their minor league rosters with players, institute a minimum salary amount per level whether or not the rosters are filled. The minimums could be set somewhere between the 25 active and the current max per level. This example below is the highest it could be if the max number level is used.

Rookie:         30 spots *8k = $240K
Lo & HI A:     35 spots * 27k = $945K each
AA:                 37 spots * 38k = $1406
AAA:               38 spots * 54k = $2052
Total:                         $5588

Any salaries in excess of the minimums would also be charged.
9/15/2012 4:57 PM
I'm sure there would be a lot of debate on the exact numbers, but something like this would change the current reality which rewards ignoring 1-2 MinL teams.

If the new reality was, You're Going To Pay For Them Anyway, I think more GMs would at least field teams.

And this would allow the next obvious step -- If you're MinL team isn't full, the SIM will sign players.  Since the money is already set aside, there's no issue with the SIM having to decide where to get the money from.

9/15/2012 10:31 PM
I mentioned something similar in shoenberg's thread.  It's a lot more lenient but it is along the same lines:

Quote post by MikeT23 on 9/14/2012 2:31:00 PM:
I'm not the only one telling you that your idea stinks out loud.    Does that count for anything?

But here's a thought:   Level salary minimums that are set aside.   I'm quite sure it would be a ***** to program and would certainly hurt more than it would help(sort of like your suggestions).    But, if you don't have 3.1m available for minor league signings, you can't make moves.    That's 20 players at each level making the minimum for that level.
9/17/2012 11:21 AM
Here's a random thought:

You have < 20 (or 25) players at any minor league level, then none of your minor legaue players at any level gain development points.  Period. 

There's some incentive.

And you get daily or weekly correspondence in your inbox reminding you of that.
9/17/2012 12:09 PM
Hit and run owners don't care about minor league development.    So, in addition to the bad contracts that are left behind when their run is over, you'll have minor leaguers that haven't developed in 2-3 seasons.
9/17/2012 12:23 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/17/2012 11:21:00 AM (view original):
I mentioned something similar in shoenberg's thread.  It's a lot more lenient but it is along the same lines:

Quote post by MikeT23 on 9/14/2012 2:31:00 PM:
I'm not the only one telling you that your idea stinks out loud.    Does that count for anything?

But here's a thought:   Level salary minimums that are set aside.   I'm quite sure it would be a ***** to program and would certainly hurt more than it would help(sort of like your suggestions).    But, if you don't have 3.1m available for minor league signings, you can't make moves.    That's 20 players at each level making the minimum for that level.
So you think it's a good idea & a bad idea at the same time?
9/18/2012 3:22 AM
I think it's a programming nightmare.    If you have a Triple A pitcher in LoA, he's eating up twice the salary needed.  So, without proper programming, you could have 10 guys in LoA and still meet the money required per level.  
9/18/2012 4:59 PM
Minimum MiL Roster Size Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.