Congratulating the Owner that Eliminates You Topic

Just like in real life, I usually congratulate the guy that bounces me out of the playoffs (had lots of practice).  I've noticed fewer owners doing it lately, though.  Does anybody really care?  There seem to be some unwritten rules here, and I'm not sure what the practice is on this, or even if there is one.
9/20/2012 2:03 PM
I try to remember to do this but am not 100% consistent - it's a courtesy but there are no rules - everything is random here
9/20/2012 3:48 PM
I am a firm believer in both wishing my playoff opponent good luck and congratulating them on a good series whether they knock me out or I knock them out.
9/20/2012 4:08 PM
I try to do the same....much like felon
9/20/2012 10:34 PM

There are exceptions of course, but I've been very impressed by the cordial nature of most in-league posts.  Especially considering that we're in an era of cyber courage where it seems like every news site comment section is filled with people trying to come up with the most provocative or offensive zingers.  Here, there is some WIS bashing in the forums, but the silver lining is that the frustration is a reflection of the passion a lot of WIS fans have for the game.  In leagues, trash talk is a natural from time to time, but it rarely seems to get ugly.
9/21/2012 8:43 AM
oh go bite me
9/21/2012 6:36 PM
I stand corrected.
9/21/2012 8:45 PM
I try to be cordial, but I don't say things I don't really mean.

Which is to say, no offense but I'm not wishing my opponents good luck as that would be counterintuative to my own team doing well.

I will say things like "nice game" or "nice series" and will tell my opponent I think they've built a good team or whatever, but I don't wish anyone good luck when they are facing me because I don't really mean it. I'm just being honest.
9/26/2012 2:44 PM
I always do, but have seen it happen less and less.
9/26/2012 4:22 PM

bis is wise in the ways of wis

9/26/2012 5:01 PM
Congratulating the Owner that Eliminates You Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.