THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! Topic

I swamp's defense, he did say "majority."

The rest of you can go **** yourselves, of course.
2/13/2013 10:02 PM
That's Swamp...standing up for majority rights...unless it's his view that is in the minority...in which case cue the persecution card.

Genghis...that is applying "your" definition of majority. Who actually knows what Swamp's definition is....I suspect it is corresponds with what he "thinks" to be true.

2/13/2013 11:34 PM
When they were a foreign nation opposing American interests I stood with my nation.

I have no problem with people of native ancestory being citizens and should have the full rights that I have.

And I am sure there are some male natives who might need a PSA of their own.

As I have always said I treat natives the same as I would treat anyone else. You are the one that needs to treat them in some special way.

2/14/2013 12:06 AM
<<When they were a foreign nation opposing American interests I stood with my nation.>>

The Confederacy of Dunces?  You stood "with your nation" in the 18th-19th centuries?

Another Swamp lie, exposed.
2/14/2013 2:13 AM
When the people were allowed in and became citizens it became a different story.

There were groups of natives that acted independent  up through the 19th century.

Another one of your attempted gotcha moments foiled again!
2/14/2013 2:50 AM
War on Native Americans - actual thing that really happened.
War on Christmas - made up bullshit that isn't happening.
2/14/2013 2:32 PM
We all know that the "war on Christmas" isnt a real war like WWII. It is a catch phrase to get people's attention.
2/14/2013 2:53 PM
But it's not even an exaggeration, it's a completely made up phenomenon.

"Earth no longer rotates around sun" would be an equally accurate catch phrase.
2/14/2013 3:17 PM
So the fact that city after city no longer have mangers scenes and have changed the name of their trees to "Holiday" trees is just coincidence?
2/14/2013 5:49 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
2/14/2013 6:24 PM
As usual, bad_luck tells everyone things are as he wishes they would be.

Since he's an atheist he doesn't believe a "war on Christmas" every occurs - he sees it as being normal. Of course the reality is the phenomenon commonly called "the war on Christmas" does take place, as swamp has pointed out, when people take down religious symbols and remove other language and items during certain seasons.

2/19/2013 3:06 PM
Swamp is an atheist too bistiza, which seems to counter your "since bad_luck is an atheist..." line of reasoning. Apparently his thinking is not "because he is an atheist" or it would apply to Swamp as well. People choosing to put up or take down or use language however they want are just part of the religious freedoms and free speech we enjoy. And I know that Swamp agrees with those freedoms as well.

Wishing everyone a "Happy Holidays" is inclusive. Wishing  a "Merry Christmas" is not. If you know you are addressing a Christian then MC is certainly appropriate. But what if you are not? IF you are not Jewish and I wished you a Happy Hannukah" what would you think? And let's be honest, most people wishing a "Merry Christmas" are not doing so out of any religious conviction, but rather a cultural one. And that is why the Xenohobes of the right have a problem with it...a further sign that white man are falling demographically. It has nothing to do with Christmas.

2/19/2013 6:55 PM
I'm sorry, I mean to say "since bad_luck is a radical atheist determined to show that his opinions on everything are actually facts and not opinions." There. I'm glad I could clarify that.

Personally I'm sick of all the politically correct BS attempts to be "inclusive".

Oh no, someone wished me a positive thing but they referenced something I don't personally believe in......now I'm offended because they weren't "inclusive" to my beliefs.

Honestly, these people need to grow up already. If someone wishes you well, take it and be glad no matter how they phrase it. If the worst thing that ever happens to you is someone wishes you well and invokes a religion you don't believe in, then you lead a mighty charmed life so you should be thankful.

For goodness sakes this should be a total non-issue if some people weren't such crybabies over trivial things.
2/20/2013 2:35 PM
Posted by bistiza on 2/20/2013 2:35:00 PM (view original):
I'm sorry, I mean to say "since bad_luck is a radical atheist determined to show that his opinions on everything are actually facts and not opinions." There. I'm glad I could clarify that.

Personally I'm sick of all the politically correct BS attempts to be "inclusive".

Oh no, someone wished me a positive thing but they referenced something I don't personally believe in......now I'm offended because they weren't "inclusive" to my beliefs.

Honestly, these people need to grow up already. If someone wishes you well, take it and be glad no matter how they phrase it. If the worst thing that ever happens to you is someone wishes you well and invokes a religion you don't believe in, then you lead a mighty charmed life so you should be thankful.

For goodness sakes this should be a total non-issue if some people weren't such crybabies over trivial things.
Like the crybabies complaining that private companies are choosing to say happy holidays?
2/20/2013 2:39 PM
◂ Prev 1...52|53|54|55|56...80 Next ▸
THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.