Based on my playoff criteria this would be my 16 team playoff
Again my criteria are as follows: a 16 team playoff with the champion of all 11 conferences and the 5 next best teams (regardless of conference) making the playoffs with a caveat for conference champions.
For a champion to qualify it must meet 1 of the following
- 11-1 or better record (no FCS games counted)
- ranked in the top 16 of the final BCS standings
- at least 10 wins (no FCS games counted) and be ranked in the top 32 of the final BCS standings
1. Notre Dame v. 16. Boise St.
2. Alabama v. 15. Northern Illinois
3. Florida v. 14. Clemson
4. Oregon v. 13. Oregon St.
5. Kansas St. v. 12. Florida St.
6. Stanford v. 11. Oklahoma
7. Georgia v. 10. South Carolina
8. Louisiana St. v. 9. Texas A&M
Based on my criteria the following conference champions failed to qualify - Louisville (not 10 wins against FBS), Utah State (not 10 wins against FBS), Wisconsin (not 10 wins against FBS), and Tulsa (ranked 34th)
I would be open to some slight seeding modifications to avoid conference rematches, but for now didn't want to start tinkering with that sort of thing.