Griffey World S25: Need 2 Topic

We've just rolled in Griffey World, and it looks like we'll have two  confirmed openings. We're looking for experienced owners with a demonstrable track record of success, but we will consider newer owners.

We're a solid, drama-free world with many long-time owners with an appreciation for the league's history. We have an active world chat, but there's not a lot of trash talking or arguments, so if that sounds appealing to you, please contact me.
10/10/2012 12:11 PM (edited)
Confirmed openings:

Chicago (AL East)
Fresno (NL West)

10/10/2012 12:11 PM (edited)
Good league, no drama, great commish.
9/28/2012 9:19 PM
Jackson's been claimed, so now down to two openings. We're in the league championship series, so we'll be rolling this week. Contact me if you're interested.
10/1/2012 3:07 PM
Why has neither of these teams signed their 1st-round pick this season?
10/3/2012 9:36 AM
I ask because I may be interested in one of them and whether the compensatory pick will be there in S25 is good information.
10/3/2012 9:37 AM
In fact, I see that neither team has signed any of their picks. Can't you have whoever is running the team sign them now? If I took over right away, could I sign them?
10/3/2012 9:39 AM
I am asking about both issues right now and will get back to you right away, TXL. 
10/3/2012 1:19 PM
Helena is in the process of signing picks now (better late than never), and New York has some sweet comp picks awaiting the new owner for next season.
10/3/2012 2:11 PM
Helena has been claimed. One opening left.
10/3/2012 4:00 PM
We're fixing to start the World Series, and with only one confirmed opening, we could roll quickly if someone wants to claim the remaining team. Looks like the new owner will have a Top 5 comp pick to go along with what appears to be a Top 12 pick. So not only would you have two great draft positions, but a protected first-rounder to go out and chase some Type A free agents to supplement a talented but underperforming roster. Sounds like a great situation to walk into.
10/4/2012 12:13 PM
Yeah that franchise is nicely set up.  Ummm, can I switch? 
10/5/2012 9:53 AM
10/5/2012 1:42 PM
Looks like we may have an unexpected opening or two. Take a look at the unreserved teams and see if one of them appeals to you. I'd at least like to have contingency plans in place in case those guys bail.
10/9/2012 2:04 PM
We had a couple of surprise defections, so check out the newly available teams. One rebuild (Fresno), one underperformer (NY) and one powerhouse (Chicago). So a little something for everyone.
10/10/2012 8:45 AM
12 Next ▸
Griffey World S25: Need 2 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.