How much does a good coach actually help in development of young players?
9/27/2012 10:13 AM
You'll notice if you have a bad coach. 

Not sure that answers your question but, if you have a bad one in your minors, look at the development(or lack thereof) of those players.
9/27/2012 10:18 AM
This is my experience too.  I am not certain how to quantify the difference between, say, an 84 IQ hitting coach and a 94 one (assuming similar patience and other ratings, which is perhaps part of the problem:  most coaches feature different plus and minuses across the various ratings), but I have certainly noticed the difference between a 52 fielding IQ coach (almost no fielding development) versus a 70+ fielding IQ coach, and the difference between an elite minor league coach and a poor one.  Presumably the higher the better, but again I do not have a solid enough grasp on how the various coach ratings interact with your player's own ratings (makeup being the big one) to quantify the difference between two good coaches. 
9/27/2012 7:41 PM
If all other ratings are equal, anyone want to throw out their guess as to the lowest acceptable IQ number by level. How much better does high patience and/or discipline matter?
9/29/2012 5:14 AM
I believe patience helps, but not sure about discipline. reading between the lines in the "help" section I think too high of a discipline number might take time away from the coach's primary job...
10/7/2012 4:27 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.