Rules and help Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I think that HBD needs some improvement in order to attract and keep users, but I don't think they need to update the rules and help functions.  I think they work fine.
9/29/2012 1:03 PM
If you are familar with the game they are fine, but to a newbie they are very incomplete.  The Help pages do pop up nicely when you are on a page but they don't give someone unfamiliar with the game complete information.  It is as though someone familiar with the game wrote the instructions and assumes everyone else is too.  Example on the ratings which is better higher or lower numbers?  On many ratings it does not really tell what the ratings do and what is a good number.  As complicated as this game is I think a thousand page manual is warranted.

Some questions that have come up -  Does playing a player in one position improve his defense in that position and he would have a drop off if moved?  Does your minor league record matter?  What do the + and - stats mean in defensive stats?  What effect does a coach really have on players and on the record of the team? 
9/30/2012 9:09 AM
Rules and help Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.