SEINFELD League (Half full!) Topic

This league is dedicated to one of the greatest sitcoms of all time, Seinfeld. <cue bass line>

You will have $60M to draft your roster with 9 of the players required (listed below). The rest of your roster will be filled with 16 $200k players, then you pick your own WAA AAA players to be renamed as Seinfeld characters before the season begins to replace your $200k players. The team name you choose must also be Seinfeld related.

Required players:
  • second spitter Roger McDowell. (This will be your only required pitcher, hence the 10 WAA AAA pitchers.)
  • Keith Hernandez
  • Joe DiMaggio
  • Paul O'Neill
  • Danny Tartabull
  • Phil Rizzuto
  • either Bernie Williams or Derek Jeter
  • either Jay Buhner or Ken Phelps
  • two of the following- Mickey Mantle, Joe Pepitone, Moose Skowron, Hank Bauer
Alternate WIS Format E (162 games, 16 teams, NL:4/4/0, AL:4/4/0, balanced, interleague); DH in both leagues (since most required players are OFs and/or 1Bs)

I participated in a Seinfeld league on WIS years ago and it was a lot of fun. That was before the U-PIK-EM WAA AAA option, so the Seinfeld character use was a little limited. This format should make it possible for the Soup Nazi, the Maestro and the Bra-less Wonder to keep up with the Boyfriend, the Bull and the dunkin' Yankee Clipper. Can you be King of the County? The Queen of the Castle? Sign up now to be Master of your own Domain!
10/25/2012 2:08 AM (edited)
Signup list:
  • ballsweatsux
  • cbaltz_ca
  • antoncresten
  • mlent
  • teveritt
  • sjh0825
  • hbj94
  • Relkcirts
  • you
sitemail list: ballsweatsux; cbaltz_ca; antoncresten; mlent; teveritt; sjh0825; hbj94; Relkcirts;
10/27/2012 7:36 PM (edited)
I like the idea of the rules I have here, but few of them are set in stone. If anyone has any suggestions for improvement, feel free to shoot 'em this way.
9/30/2012 10:12 PM
I'm in
10/1/2012 5:01 PM
Welcome!
10/2/2012 12:54 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.

Welcome, antoncresten! Let the decomposing begin!

10/2/2012 1:19 PM
Who else wants to be in a league about nothing?
10/4/2012 1:15 PM
George: I like sports. I could do something in sports.
Jerry: Uh-huh. Uh-huh. In what capacity?
George: You know, like the general manager of a baseball team or something.
Jerry: Yeah. Well, that - that could be tough to get.
George: Well, it doesn't even have to be the general manager. Maybe I could be like, an announcer. Like a colour man. You know how I always make those interesting comments during the game.
Jerry: Yeah. Yeah. You make good comments.
George: What about that?
Jerry: Well, they tend to give those jobs to ex-ballplayers and people that are, you know, in broadcasting.
George: Well, that's really not fair.
Jerry: I know.
10/7/2012 11:19 AM
If this ever comes off my team name will most likely be - Tiny Little Fists of Fury
10/9/2012 2:48 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Vandelay Industries
10/11/2012 1:34 AM
Put me down, you can put the scooter in, the one where George needs the jack gamer to get the key chain out of the street.  My team  Play  Now
10/20/2012 5:21 PM
Holy cow, how did I forget that one?!  Welcome, mlent!

"They don't actually have to squeeze his head to get him to say 'holy cow,' do they?"
"Just the last few innings of a double header."
10/25/2012 2:07 AM
I'm in

Not that there's anything wrong with that!
10/25/2012 7:15 PM
1234 Next ▸
SEINFELD League (Half full!) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.