2012 Pick a Team Theme Topic

A couple of years ago I played a theme where you picked a team from the new season of released players.  We actually picked teams before the SIM released the stats and salaries.  The idea was  to try to manage your team to be more successful than their RL counterparts.  For example if you took the Giants and they were 88-74, the idea was to try to get them to win more than 88 games.  The team that improved the most won a significant prize and most of the league money.

I'm not sure if you can manipulate playoff results to make it so the teams that make the playoffs were the most improved teams.

The league allowed you to select partial or complete seasons for players.  I'd personally like that to be limited to one or two players as teams that traded for 5 or 6 players would have an advantage.

Anybody have ideas how to set this up as a theme or want to commish it?
9/29/2012 11:07 PM
2012 Pick a Team Theme Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.