ATTENTION TO MANAGER OF WISCONSIN PLATTEVILE, Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
1) Recruiting revenge is a poor coaching move. Your money would be better spent going after the best recruits you can attract, not spending it on vengeful battles that you might lose.   As you build a successful program, your prestige will improve and you'll be less vulnerable to battles. 

2) Plattville is only 80 miles from the recruit, nearer than you are. Their coach could logically ask "How dare you come into my back yard and recruit?"

3) You mention your poor reputation. In WIS, the only things that affect your reputation are 1) cutting a player you recruited; 2) recruiting violations.  If you're guilty of either of those, are you really surprised that kids want to play elsewhere?

4) Your frustration isn't unusual. In the Big Ten, half of the coaches are angry at Urban Meyer. He convinced players to come to Ohio State after they'd verbally committed to other Big Ten schools. 
10/1/2012 4:22 AM
I would have to say that "busch league[sic]" is throwing a temper tantrum in all bold letters and plotting revenge because you lost a battle for a recruit you didn't protect adequately. Apparently you were under the impression that the recruit had your name tattooed on your forehead.
10/1/2012 8:31 AM
What you guys are failing to realize is that chorpening called dibs.  This supersedes all other recruiting strategies.
10/1/2012 9:08 AM
My "dibs" button is always grayed out... maybe I need to enable cookies or check my TCP/IP settings or something.
10/1/2012 10:10 AM
Oh, and pull up your big boy pants, chorpening, nobody likes a crybaby.
10/1/2012 10:12 AM
Posted by udm_mike on 10/1/2012 9:08:00 AM (view original):
What you guys are failing to realize is that chorpening called dibs.  This supersedes all other recruiting strategies.

Um...double dibs?

Part of me feels like this is just a ruse to get a rise.

10/1/2012 10:56 AM
Posted by chorpening on 9/30/2012 7:45:00 PM (view original):

I see that today you went and stepped on top of me with your A prestige and stole the center in iowa Joseph Matthews from me after I pumped alot of my budget into , who happens to be the only recruit who showed interest in me. I will admit that my c- prestige and poor reputation so far sucks but what you just pulled was really busch league and a total jerk off move. The good news for me is that I will remember you come next offseason and when recruiting begins next year I will be all over your recruits that show interest in you, and in  future recruiting seasons I will also be all over your recruits, this will come back to bite you in the future.

Really? You really want to purposely commit suicide by getting in battles with an a prestige with your C?
10/1/2012 2:55 PM

I'm not sure that a C- prestige with bad reputation could have a noticeable effect on an A's recruiting.  Its like seaweed threatening to swarm a supertanker

10/1/2012 3:22 PM
Shakes his head. Puts a bag over his head. I didnt see this forum post until now. Man ugh man. Lol @ double dibs post though very funny.
10/3/2012 2:34 AM
ATTENTION TO MANAGER OF WISCONSIN PLATTEVILE, Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.