Mattingly S20 - Good Teams Available Topic

Mattingly has rolled into Season 20 and we have a number of teams available, including some quality teams with playoff caliber talent. 
Mattingly is a good, no drama league with an active set of owners.

We have two rules:

Five/Ten Rule:
Any team can be removed if it fails to log in for five calendar days during pre season activities or ten calendar days during the regular seasons without telling the commissioner about the absence beforehand.

Minimum Win Rule:
Any team CAN be removed if it fails to maintain a cumulative .350 winning percentage over the course of consecutive seasons. Considerations for rebuilding teams, replacement owners, and owners who the league deem to be fielding a competitive team (but have fallen short of the .350 winning percentage) will be made. Teams who repeatedly field fatigued pitchers and players will be considered strong candidates for removal under this rule. The aim of this rule is not to punish teams that are in a rebuild or transitional period, rather, to punish owners who are blatantly tanking for the sole purpose of stocking draft picks and international free agents. 

Please sitemail me if you are interested in any of these franchises:

Iowa City Rapids - AL East - 89-73

The outgoing owner guided this franchise to seven straight division championships and one World Series appearance. This veteran filled team has a solid pitching staff but may need some help on offense. 

Oklahoma City Thundersticks - AL South - 62-100

This franchise is just  three seasons removed from a six year division winning streak. Most of the core pieces of this franchise are in the middle of their prime, but the pitching staff may need to be re-tooled. 

Anaheim Backbeats - AL West 74-88

One of the most storied franchises in the league, a three time World Series Champion, has fallen on some tougher times. This franchise has never seen less than 70 wins and with the current talent on the team this trend looks to continue. There is a mix of veteran and younger players here. The be competitive right away the incoming owner will need to plug in a few quality players into the current roster.

Cheyenne Grizzly Chiefs - AL West - 68-94 

This franchise has only had two owners in the last 19 seasons. Despite this stability, the franchise has only made two playoff apperances. The talent presently on the roster would appear better than their record from S19 indicates. The relief pitching is decent, however, the rotation needs attention. 

Salt Lake City Stormin Mormons - NL North - 77-85

A group of solid, but not spectacular, players worked their way to a respectable record last season. Offensively, there is a lack of a big time power bat. On the hill, the pitching staff needs to be completely reworked. Given last seasons record, one can only think that even just a slightly upgraded staff can get this team to the playoffs.

Toledo Mudhens - NL East - 85-77

Three straight seasons of 'oh-so-close' type play have left this franchise salivating for a playoff appearance. The lineup boasts raw power but some more dependable hitters may be needed. The pitching staff features one of the bright young stars in the league and a star closer in his prime, but may need some upgrades beyond those two.  

Santa Cruz Stealers - NL West - 87-75

The Season 19 NL West division winner is solid all around but doesn't feature a superstar. This division is wide open and another division title may be in the cards without any changes. 

Kansas City Guerrillas - NL West - 86-76

The KC franchise missed the division title by only one game in Season 19. With that said, the lineup features a core of good, cheap, young players, but beyond these three, both the lineup and rotation need some work. With a record of 86-76 last season, it's hard to think that a big splash in FA wouldn't mean a division title. 

Fresno Fire Ballers - NL West - 84-78

The third team involved in Season 19's tight division race missed the title by only three games. Season 19's failure to make the playoffs broke a streak of 10 straight playoff appearances. Free agency will be hitting this franchise hard this season and a complete rebuild may be in order, depending on your preference. 

10/16/2012 11:05 PM (edited)
My favorite HBD league, a couple of those teams surprise me, some good talent on a couple of them. 
10/1/2012 8:22 PM
this is a great league no drama so dont let the amount of open teams fool you
10/3/2012 3:46 PM
Sent sitemail to jefe about getting my KC team back, waiting on a response...
10/5/2012 5:38 PM
I think he has been away for a day or two, sounded like he was planning on you being back bud.
10/6/2012 12:04 AM
bringing*
10/6/2012 12:04 AM
bump
10/7/2012 7:00 AM
bump for a great league
10/8/2012 12:05 PM
Bump, come on in!
10/8/2012 11:53 PM
I'll take my team back.
10/9/2012 12:16 AM
Bump - Wichita has been taken.   
Wichita still available
10/13/2012 1:23 AM (edited)
Bump, guys, it is a fantastic league.  Good owners, no drama, pretty balanced teams, rules to prohibit intentional tanking!
10/12/2012 5:04 PM
Posted by jefepwnzer on 10/13/2012 1:23:00 AM (view original):
Bump - Wichita has been taken.   
Wichita still available
Awesome, I will grab it!
10/13/2012 7:48 PM

The Wichita Owner came back but he is willing to take a dfferent team if this is the ONLY one you want slash, let Jefe know.

10/16/2012 9:47 PM
9 teams left, and one way or another about to be 8.
10/16/2012 9:48 PM
12 Next ▸
Mattingly S20 - Good Teams Available Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.