Do you have to have power? Topic

I'm just into season three with my team (spring training) and I have no one with  power over 80...

When going over this forum (and looking at the rosters of some of the winning teams in my league) I'm gleaming that this stat is a vital one.
I can see some dip in my RBI's but I wonder if anyone has done well with a batting order of with the number 2-6 guys having contact 60-70 and power ranging from 65-75 with the rest of the team as speedsters but poor hitters (only one is likely to be a good OBP guy). 

I'm going to try it but I think I need to keep an eye open for a power man, that I can aquire somehow.

10/1/2012 3:39 PM
I only have two over 80(83/85) on my MG team.  Neither is a full-time player and I'm doing alright with that one.    My Coop team is more "normal" for me with 4 over 80.  That team doesn't win. 
10/1/2012 3:51 PM
10/1/2012 6:16 PM
Sure you can.  Get a bunch of high contact, good eye, decent split guys and you'll do just fine, even if their Power #'s are in the 50's or 60's

Parriss   Nichols   Karl  and Rollins   are all good examples.  Those are my 4 best offensive players w/Power numbers of 56, 69, 63 & 65.  Get guys like that.

Once you get down into the low 40's (or worse) with power numbers then a guy needs to be a real high OPB guy or Gold Glover.
10/1/2012 7:31 PM
10/1/2012 7:51 PM
My teams routinely do very well (playoffs and division champs) with a lack of power.  Since most guys put a premium on power, I look for value elsewhere and then beat them without it.  The guy with power (80+) that also has decent splits and contact/eye, is a legit stud and everyone should try to get him.  But most owners don't realize power is not the end all/be all and suffer from it (by sacrificing OBP and defense to get it).
10/3/2012 12:07 PM
10/4/2012 9:18 AM
Do you have to have power? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.