WORLD SERIES VOTING Topic

Reds fans know that they have a big problem:  NO OFFENSE*.  669 runs this year is 21st among all MLB teams, and the worst of the playoff teams.  Granted, they only gave up 588 runs...

By way of comparsion in runs scored, the Rangers #1 (808); Yanks #2 (804), Cards #5 (765), Nats #10 (731). 

I don't know enough about the other teams to give much of a guess, but I'll say Nationals as World Series champs as they have a nice combo great pitching (gave up 594 runs) and adequate offense.

*I'll be rooting for the REDS nonetheless
10/4/2012 5:07 PM

Go Reds!

10/4/2012 5:21 PM
Posted by deery6 on 10/4/2012 6:35:00 PM (view original):
Right now its

Yanks. 5
O's. 0
Nationals. 2
Tigers. 3
A's. 1
Rangers. 1
Giants. 1
Cards. 2
Braves. 3
Reds. 3
poor orioles....;(

Go GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!
10/4/2012 6:36 PM
Congrats to spottraz
10/5/2012 7:21 AM
The nats are still a good team without strasburg, but I think the loss of strasburg is why they won't win it. He was a big part of why they were #1. I think Davey Johnson handled the situation totally wrong. I have no problem with wanting to not overwork him, but they should have either rested him early in the season, or in the middle of the season so that he could be availablr for the playoff run. Hell, knowing they planned to shut him down, maybe rest him 2 months before playoffs and bring him back a couple weeks before playoffs start.
10/5/2012 12:42 PM
As far as teams out of the playoffs. Rays, Longoria injury really hurt them. They have a good team, but he is by far their best player and he was out for like half the season. The real surprise to me was the angels. They have solid hitters and a good pitching staff (grienke, cj wilson, weaver). They were my early pick for the world series this year, but they just never showed up. Rangers losing out to the A's also is a big surprise.
10/5/2012 12:45 PM
As a Pirates fan I'm still suffering from the team finally giving me hope and then completely crushing it. Since we're on WhatIfSports, I'll posit this WHAT IF:

What if the Pirates had played in August and September the way they did in June and July?

If they had, they probably would have beaten the Reds out for the central and you bet your bottom dollar I'd be picking them to win the World Series.

Alas, the Pirates haven't even broken the .500 mark since a young, thin Barry Bonds patrolled left field (and cost them a trip to the World Series by playing too deep and letting the slowest guy in baseball score from second...grrrrr...).

Okay, to digress....

I love the way the A's won the division and the momentum they have as a result. Back in early August I had visions of the Pirates doing the same thing to the Reds at the end of September, but alas this didn't even have a chance.

I also enjoy watching the Reds play and wouldn't mind seeing them win.

So I think I'd like to see A's versus Reds for the title, flashing back to 1990.

The Yankees are the team I love to hate in baseball (I often say, only half in jest "My second favorite baseball team is whoever is playing the Yankees"), so since the Pirates had their catastrophic crash and aren't involved I'd be willing to accept any team winning other than the Yankees.

Who do I think WILL win?

I could be proven wrong tonight, but I think the Braves and Rangers pull off the wild cards.

I think the Nationals will take it in the NL and the A's will somehow ride the momentum through the AL.

I'd like to see the Reds or A's take it, but my guess is the Nationals will win it all.
10/5/2012 2:55 PM
I actually played catch with Stephen Strasburg when he was on the Torrington Twisters!
10/5/2012 3:39 PM
Posted by deery6 on 10/5/2012 3:42:00 PM (view original):
Right now its

Yanks. 5
O's. 0
Nationals. 3
Tigers. 3
A's. 1
Rangers. 1
Giants. 1
Cards. 2
Braves. 3
Reds. 3
Nats catching up!
10/5/2012 3:43 PM
I have to go with the best baseball team ever, the SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10/5/2012 3:57 PM
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!
10/5/2012 3:59 PM
Posted by poncho0091 on 10/5/2012 12:42:00 PM (view original):
The nats are still a good team without strasburg, but I think the loss of strasburg is why they won't win it. He was a big part of why they were #1. I think Davey Johnson handled the situation totally wrong. I have no problem with wanting to not overwork him, but they should have either rested him early in the season, or in the middle of the season so that he could be availablr for the playoff run. Hell, knowing they planned to shut him down, maybe rest him 2 months before playoffs and bring him back a couple weeks before playoffs start.
The thing is they had a plan before spring training even started that they said they would stick with no matter what happened during the season and they did just that.
10/5/2012 5:34 PM
San Fran...  Pitching is too good...
10/5/2012 5:40 PM
Wow trash in Atlanta is getting thrown on the field. that was an absolutely terrible call by the ump! I even admit that and i want the Boids!! YEAH MOTTE!!!!!!!!!!!!! STRUCK OUT THE BRAVES WITH THE BASES LOADED!!!!!!
10/5/2012 8:20 PM
Posted by deery6 on 10/6/2012 7:47:00 AM (view original):
Right now its

Yanks. 5
O's. 0
Nationals. 3
Tigers. 3
A's. 1

Giants. 3
Cards. 1
Reds. 3
Bye Bye Braves and Rangers!!
10/6/2012 7:49 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
WORLD SERIES VOTING Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.