stalled development.....how come? Topic

I'm stumped on this one....I can't seem to find one meaningful variable that would explain this guys stalled development

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Stubby Washington

Any ideas??

10/3/2012 4:27 PM
He' had all the development any player gets.  Draft / signing season plus 3-4 more. And them maybe 1 or 2 random points in a few categories.

That's how all players develop. With the exception of DITRs.

10/3/2012 4:32 PM
Looks like a pretty typical development to me. Not all players develop until they're 27. Some guys max out younger, like this one.
10/3/2012 5:36 PM
hmmm, thanks for the thoughts fellas...still seems strange to me.  With his intangibles and early growth I was sure he'd come much closer to targets.  Cheers!
10/3/2012 6:20 PM
Age has little to nothing do with development. Every player's ratings increase for the same number of seasons, following the same slowing rate of improvement.

It can be made worse by lack of playing time, really bad coaching, or serious injury. But it can't be made better.

10/3/2012 8:33 PM
Looks pretty normal to me as well. Another AAA lifer.
10/3/2012 8:45 PM
I wouldn't say he's a AAA lifer.  He could be a weak sister on a strong team.  His adequate 2b defense and decent baserunning make him at  least a useable bench player.
10/3/2012 9:26 PM
He's an adequate PR, but you can almost always find better and generally they'll also either have a better glove or at least a reasonable bat from one side or the other.
Defensively he's weak...not someone you would carry as a defensive replacement.
Offensively there's really little there.

If you're playing him at the BL level it's only to rest players or your team is pretty weak. He's not horrible and he'll have a nice, long, productive AAA career and a few call-ups after the roster expansion to rest some starters.

10/3/2012 10:04 PM
stalled development.....how come? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.