The MLB playoffs are here folks!  Go REDS!   And Miguel Cabrera, I know you read these forums so congratulations to you on the Triple Crown!

Anyway, I did a search on these forums and checked the suggestions, critical news, and the three existing pages in general and cannot find any information regarding a **edited** ONE-GAME wildcard playoff.  Does anyone have a link showing whether or not WiS is planning on adding a one-game wildcard game to their HBD Worlds?  If there was a previous discussion or news, I would greatly appreciate being pointed in the right direction.  If not...

Do you think it's a good idea for HBD to include a one-game wildcard playoff?  I do.  But I have no idea if this is considered "difficult" from WiS' perspective.  I'd love to hear your input on all of this and thanks, in advance, for any links to previous discussions on this topic.
10/4/2012 4:56 AM (edited)
There already are two wild card spots.
10/4/2012 4:30 AM

I should have phrased that better.  Unlike MLB, each league in HBD has 4 divisions as opposed to 3.  What I mean is having a "one-off" playoff game like the new 2nd wildcard action in MLB.  I guess in HBD that would be somewhat awkward as it would require 2 additional playoff teams to battle it out with the two "regular" wildcard teams.  I really like the one and done concept though, but it doesn't seem like a good fit here. 

10/4/2012 4:54 AM
I can't imagine they'd ever mess with the scheduling calendar like that. As it is, they appear to have forgotten HBD in regards to things they should actually attend to and fix.
Also, if I'm not in that 1 WC game, I wouldn't want to sit around and do nothing for an entire day - that already happens with Rule 5, Budget day and the entire length of the playoffs if you miss them.

10/4/2012 6:29 AM
Posted by hypnotoad on 10/4/2012 6:29:00 AM (view original):
I can't imagine they'd ever mess with the scheduling calendar like that. As it is, they appear to have forgotten HBD in regards to things they should actually attend to and fix.
Also, if I'm not in that 1 WC game, I wouldn't want to sit around and do nothing for an entire day - that already happens with Rule 5, Budget day and the entire length of the playoffs if you miss them.

What specifically do they need to "attend to and fix"?
10/4/2012 7:34 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.