Practice Minutes - Off/Def Topic

How many practice minutes do you typically put in each of these areas. I had five recruits on my roster so I put 25 mins into each to try getting them up to speed quicker. What are people's thoughts on this?

Thanks for the advice,

10/4/2012 1:47 PM

That sounds about right to me.

10/4/2012 1:50 PM
25 minutes will help them catch up so they will be playable sooner, but I would only put that much time in if I was expecting one or two to put in real minutes their sophomore year.  Do your upperclassmen still have room to grow?  If they do, and you think you can make a run this season or next, I would put maybe 22 minutes into both off/def, Maybe 24 into defense. 
10/4/2012 2:57 PM
I've been using 25 minutes in each for a while now, and I still get 4-year players who don't reach A+ by the end of their Senior years. 
10/4/2012 3:06 PM
I go 25/25...maximize the IQ's, because most of my players are maxing out (or extremely close to it) by the end of their senior seasons anyhow. 
10/4/2012 4:26 PM
Thanks for the responses everyone. My seniors don't have room to grow and are pretty pathetic anyway. Next year I only have two SRs and both are pretty bad. It's a young team that I'm starting from scratch with that has little talent. Thanks for the advice.
10/4/2012 4:36 PM
Practice Minutes - Off/Def Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.