Rating the Red Sox Off Season Moves Topic

Posted by edsortails on 10/21/2012 4:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by antoncresten on 10/21/2012 6:06:00 AM (view original):
DID BOSTON LOOK AT ANY MINORITIES?

OH, WAIT, IT'S BOSTON
Tony Pena interviewed....he was the frontrunner going in, but nobody could understand anything he said....so they had to look elsewhere
Demarlo Hale as well......

There are plenty of things to bash the redsox about, but this ownership has been pretty good about not falling into that Yawkey stand-by
10/22/2012 10:24 AM
TONY PENA IS INTERVIEWED FOR ALL NEW OPENINGS, INTERESTED IN HIM OR NOT. THEN THEY CAN SAY "WE INTERVIEWED TONY PENA"

OBLIGATORY
10/22/2012 10:29 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/21/2012 1:23:00 AM (view original):
I honestly don't know what Farrell's thinking. I get in general Boston is a more prestigious job, but the current rosters and circumstances both favour the Jays in my opinion. I think the Jays will have a far better season than the Sox next year.
I feel like you've been predicting a breakout for the Jays for years.  Not saying they won't have a great year at some point, but they've been mired in mediocrity forever and are going to have to catch lightning in a bottle to climb out of it in that division given their resources, etc.  They won 4 more games this year than the Sox did in their worst season in a very long time.  I'm not saying the Sox are going to completely turn it around in one year, but let's be realistic about what the ceiling is Boston versus what it is in Toronto - and who knows how long it will be till the job is open again.
10/22/2012 10:40 AM
Ortiz is on the cusp of signing the 2 year deal he so covets....
10/23/2012 5:31 PM
What a shame they already hired Farrell.  If they would have just waited another few days, they could have hired OZZIE.  What a fun circus that could have been!

10/23/2012 6:11 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/4/2012 2:05:00 PM (view original):
Because you just had Bobby V.   Who doesn't look like an upgrade?
This is rare but I actually feel you have a good  point here.
10/23/2012 11:38 PM
Ortiz gets his 2 years.....the money is foolish, but I don't really care how much teams spend if it doesn't prevent them from other spending

if they turn around and not spend on somebody else they need because of this, then it becomes a horrible signing...

overall, even though over the last few years he has done some stuff that made him harder to like, if he can stay healthy (big if) then his return makes sense
11/3/2012 8:04 PM
Move 3: Re-sign David Ortiz...................B

GM Ben grade to date...............................B
11/3/2012 8:06 PM
Posted by AlCheez on 10/22/2012 10:40:00 AM (view original):
I honestly don't know what Farrell's thinking. I get in general Boston is a more prestigious job, but the current rosters and circumstances both favour the Jays in my opinion. I think the Jays will have a far better season than the Sox next year.
I feel like you've been predicting a breakout for the Jays for years.  Not saying they won't have a great year at some point, but they've been mired in mediocrity forever and are going to have to catch lightning in a bottle to climb out of it in that division given their resources, etc.  They won 4 more games this year than the Sox did in their worst season in a very long time.  I'm not saying the Sox are going to completely turn it around in one year, but let's be realistic about what the ceiling is Boston versus what it is in Toronto - and who knows how long it will be till the job is open again.
I know. Let's just say I'm glad I'm not a Jays fan...it'll soon be worse than what I endured for years as an O's fan. They seem to come into spring every year loaded with talent, then injuries and horrible performances take over.
11/3/2012 9:17 PM
LOADED with talent? really?
11/8/2012 10:01 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 11/3/2012 9:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by AlCheez on 10/22/2012 10:40:00 AM (view original):
I know. Let's just say I'm glad I'm not a Jays fan...it'll soon be worse than what I endured for years as an O's fan. They seem to come into spring every year loaded with talent, then injuries and horrible performances take over.
I bet Jays fans are popping the Molson Ice tonight after this trade!!!

Jose Reyes, Josh Johnson, Mark Buehrle, John Buck, & Emilio Bonaficio for Yunel Escobar & a couple of minor leaguers!

This pretty much assures the Red Sox finish last...

11/13/2012 7:41 PM
That's a 'Suck it, John Farrell!' move right there.......

the Blue Jays make blockbuster deals, the Red Sox target Mike Napoli for a thorough background check........
11/14/2012 12:21 AM
Oh, my dear Lord......they are one of 3 teams to express interest in Jason Bay

the entire team goes down half a letter grade for even having to have thought about it......

GM Ben grade to date...........................B-
11/15/2012 12:09 AM
DO IT!

BAY HAS ALOT LEFT IN TH............LMAO!
11/15/2012 6:40 AM
fenway aint shea.
11/15/2012 9:46 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Rating the Red Sox Off Season Moves Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.