Need help with Microsoft Works Topic

I used to copy (from WIS)  and paste (into MS Excel) career info for players in a progressive league.  I recently got a new computer with MS Works Spreadsheet.  Now when I paste into that, it doesn't move data into separate columns. Instead it  lays all the information into one column.   Paste special option is grayed out in MS Works.  Does anybody have any suggestions?  As Bat Masterson would say "I'd be much obliged (tips cowboy hat)  
10/5/2012 10:53 PM
You could try OpenOffice or Google Docs as an alternative... they are both free and have features very similar to Excel.
10/5/2012 10:57 PM
Thanks newper...I went to try them both; sadly both OpenOffice and Google Docs spreadsheet do similar things.
10/5/2012 11:10 PM
sometimes it depends what sections I copy/paste -  this same thing happens to me sometimes but usually if I go back and re-copy the section and try a new page it works out  
10/5/2012 11:13 PM
I was just able to do it in Google Docs.  I use Firefox (but give it a try in IE or Chrome or Opera) -- the trick is to hold the CTRL key down while you highlight the cells to copy.  Then just click on one cell in the Google Doc spreadsheet and Ctrl+V.  
10/6/2012 12:46 AM
Resolved!  Thanks newper.  Actually using Firefox for WIS instead of IE copying is what made the difference.  !!!!!!  Problem resolved 
10/6/2012 1:28 AM
Need help with Microsoft Works Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.