Positions in the Goddamned Hall of Fame Topic

Posted by tecwrg on 11/8/2012 12:30:00 PM (view original):
I believe that WIS recently said that one thing that would be in an upcomining update (if we ever get another one) would be AI voting for the HOF, similar to the AI voting that happens for MVP, CY and ROY.  If you don't explicitly vote, then the AI votes for you.

For that to work, they would have to give HOF voters the option of "none of the above" to differentiate between not deeming anybody worthy from not bothering to cast a vote.

This is exactly what needs to happen.  I haven't the foggiest premonition why this is taking so long.
11/23/2012 12:58 PM
Rather than filling in the votes like the awards, where the votes go to who simmy deems worthy, if they simply made it so getting >50% of the ballots cast was enough for induction, then the people who care enough to vote would still be the ones deciding the Hall worthy players. I don't want simmy voting in the 500+ HR Dave Kingman types into my HOFs.
12/21/2012 12:18 PM
The % of ballots cast idea *could* mean a guy gets in to the Hall with 5 votes. Or 2 votes. I don't see that solving the problem, really.
12/28/2012 11:55 PM
If there is a world in which only 10 people or less vote, who really cares who is in their Hall of Fame?  They obviously don't.
12/31/2012 3:06 PM
◂ Prev 12
Positions in the Goddamned Hall of Fame Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.