Political Paranoia and Fear Mongering Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 10/8/2012 1:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/8/2012 1:10:00 PM (view original):
I really have no problem with "forcing" someone to show an ID to vote.   The Dems will get them to the polls.  Figure out how to get them to a place where they can get ID.   No one, legally in the US, should walk around without identification.    That's just insane.
Whatever dude. No one is changing their minds on this. But people walk around without ID all the time and it's perfectly OK. This is 'merica after all. Freedom and sh*t.
Do you have to have ID in order to get Obamacare?   Or can you just walk up to a doc and say "Hey, hook me up.  Obamacare, *****!!"
10/8/2012 1:19 PM
In the big picture of America, what is more important: buiying a six-pack of beer, or voting in a federal election?

I'm nearly 52 years old.  I'm a few years past being able to pass for being under 21.  Yet I HAD to present photo ID to buy beer recently.
10/8/2012 1:28 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/8/2012 1:29:00 PM (view original):
In the big picture of America, what is more important: buiying a six-pack of beer, or voting in a federal election?

I'm nearly 52 years old.  I'm a few years past being able to pass for being under 21.  Yet I HAD to present photo ID to buy beer recently.
I don't know, maybe if you're too poor to have ID, you're too poor to buy beer?

Then again, I'm 29 and never get carded buying a six pack, I only get carded if I'm going into a bar or club.
10/8/2012 1:36 PM
1 About 90% of adults in America have photo id. We ask ourselves who are the people without ID, how many of them vote.

2 Elderly are not one of the groups that the left claims dont have photo ID.

The idea that you need evidence of fraud to prevent an obvious chance for fraud isnt really sound. If you have a house with no doors on it the fact that no one has robbed you isnt a good reason to not put doors on.

The current system is ripe for fraud. Anyone can register and vote with no proof of their existence. A thousand people could all register and vote 20 times and no one would really know.

And photo id is the lowest possible standard of verification.

And it is free in almost all cases. Sometimes it is a little hard, but it is easier than voting.

So we get to the question why not?

10/8/2012 1:41 PM
What does an ID cost?   $5?  $10?   I'm sure people can find $5-10 somewhere if they want to vote.   Hell, the Dems making sure they have a way to the polls can give them $10 and stop by a place to get an ID.
10/8/2012 1:42 PM
This isnt about logical discussions.

This is about feelings and emotions.
10/9/2012 3:16 PM
Well, I feel pretty strongly, almost emotional, that people should have identification in their possession.
10/9/2012 4:33 PM
Noone should have to pay to vote.  If people want to make other people have ID's to vote, then the ID should be free to obtain.  Voting should not cost a dime.

FWIW....I think everyone should have an ID to vote.  I think everyone should have an ID period.

10/10/2012 1:22 AM
10/10/2012 12:27 PM
Posted by The Taint on 10/10/2012 1:22:00 AM (view original):
Noone should have to pay to vote.  If people want to make other people have ID's to vote, then the ID should be free to obtain.  Voting should not cost a dime.

FWIW....I think everyone should have an ID to vote.  I think everyone should have an ID period.

I have ZERO problem with issuing free ID.    Let the DMV issue them.  

10/10/2012 1:35 PM
10/10/2012 2:16 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/10/2012 1:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 10/10/2012 1:22:00 AM (view original):

I have ZERO problem with issuing free ID.    Let the DMV issue them.  

I'm down.
10/10/2012 10:23 PM
That is why the left needs to refer to this in the most exaggerated and devisive terms.

People believe that ID to vote is a good thing. They cannot understand why something as simple as Id would be a problem.

10/13/2012 1:52 AM
◂ Prev 123
Political Paranoia and Fear Mongering Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.