When do salaries get paid. Topic

Should I cut the guys that will never make my Majors now (during playoffs) or wait till the beginning of next season.  Might as well save a couple of thousand than waste it on guys that will be back ups on my A teams.
10/9/2012 7:39 AM
If you are paying them over $55k, cut them before you are on the hook next season.  Everyone needs crap players in their minors to fill it out, so don't cut too much.  You will also get some retirements.  I usually have between 10-15.

I keep about 30 per level. 14 batters, 16 pitchers (5 of them are inactive and rotate in during the season). 
10/9/2012 8:08 AM
Looking at your roster, you'll get enough retirements to keep your team from being "overstaffed".    Those 5-6 year pros in LoA/HiA might call it a day.   The ones you might want to cut are the BL minimum guys(327k-360k) who are in the minors and won't be BL players in the future.    Don't release ANYONE with another year on their contract.  You'll be responsible for the salary(less 327k if he gets picked up) and won't have the player
10/9/2012 8:33 AM
Do you run your minors or let the computer run them?  I let the AI run my minors this year as I struggled in my first year  to figure out how to run my BL, but I think I might have missed a couple of opportunities to improve my prospects.  I noticed a couple of times the AI would sit a prospect and play a vet because the vet had higher current ratings.
10/9/2012 10:32 AM
I run every level where I have legit prospects.   I check pitching pretty much every day.   I check position players on the weekend in order to rest the fatigued guys. 

Looking at Mantle:
AAA-run both
AA-run offense
HiA-run pitching
LoA-run neither
RL-run offense

The rest is simmy.

10/9/2012 10:39 AM
When do salaries get paid. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.