Painful way to go... Topic

Ouch.  After being down 13 at halftime to my #2 overall seed, Dominican fought back and actually had a 6 point lead with under 30 seconds to go.  My team's star nailed 2 3s, but he still was up 2 with his 72% shooting PG at the line for 2 with 12 seconds to go.  Misses both, we grab the rebound, and my 30 PER starting center makes the 7th 3-point shot of his career with 1 second on the clock to win the game in regulation.

We only ever see these things posted from the loser, but I felt really bad for stjmarsh after that ending.
10/9/2012 5:50 PM
As an aside, does anyone have any insight into why my team tends to dominate early in halves, fade in the middle, and come back strong in the last few minutes?  We dominate early - starters against starters.  Maybe we just struggle during the minutes in which Delvecchio goes to the bench.  Hard to say.
10/9/2012 5:51 PM
Really cursory glance, but your lack of depth is pretty glaring.  So it would make sense that against good teams you would have bad stretches in the middle of the game.
10/9/2012 6:11 PM

A 30 PER guy making a three doesn't seem completely unrealistic. It's not like he was a 1 PER or something.

Then again, it's tough to lose games like that.

10/10/2012 12:22 PM
hopefully he didnt read the pbp. ah, lost by 1 to the 2 seed, at least we fought hard. thats all id be thinking.
10/10/2012 12:53 PM
This is the real painful way of going out. Just look at that final 6min of regulation:

http://whatifsports.com/hd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=8714230
10/10/2012 2:51 PM
Painful way to go... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.