GD Survivor XI - horvie78 crowned champ. Topic

Du du dunnnnnnn
1/2/2013 10:55 AM
I should win the award for the most unique "letter home"
1/2/2013 11:12 AM
Me, Ghutton, and Jhard had everything all lined up.  But I guess I forgot about something very important.  Jhard and Ghutton are two of the nicest guys you will find.  I know this because Ghutton is the commish in Pine Tar world and I work with him and socialize with him quite often.  And Me and Jhard co coach 3 different teams. I have even met him in person, where he gave me a personal tour of the Boise State smurf turf and facilities.  So anyway......I had everything all planned out.  Much like I had planned most of the game.  It would be me, jhard, ghutton, horvie, and trevnasty in the final 5.  We would then turn on horvie and trevnasty and float to the final 3.    Once we started getting close to this point, jhard and Ghut started feeling bad about turning on their 2 new friends.  This is the time when I tried telling everyone to vote for Horvie and he would go home.  Jhard and Ghut voted for Dubs as they felt bad about turning.  Ghut warned me that I was being targeted, however the timing was horrible for me, and I wrote it off as mumbo jumbo to deflect attention from someone else.  And that was the end of my game. 

I hold no hard feelings towards anyone in this game.  Even though Casey led the charge to get me out, I would have more than likely voted for Casey to win the game over Horvie.

The fact that many people think the winner should be some guy who forms an alliance and is honest and only votes the way he says he is. That's not game. That's the lottery. Wheres the outwit and outplay? More like outluck. The plan I had in place would have been perfect. In my eyes, everyone would have totally been outwitted, outplayed, AND outlasted. Yet because there was too much game playing I would have been villified as well. I don't really want to participate in that kind of game, so this was my last survivor game. I will still play Mafia and perhaps if any other new games are invented.  Perhaps I may even get another Big Brother game started.

1/2/2013 11:15 AM
And for one brief moment polabonz comes out of retirement. Here are the messages I received from my fake pola account- a brilliant idea you have to admit!. I think psap, bhazlewood, coach, and I could have had a deep run except for that lousy luck on the merge where I was the only one from my alliance in the new tribe. I knew I had to do some major scrambling and had a good plan formed, but it just didn't work out.

bhazlewood
To:
polabonz
Received:
11/8/2012 9:18:00 AM
Subject:
RE: Idol Clue
My strategy did not change, because 2 of the 3 allies I had (psap and coach_deen) are in my current tribe. We did reach out to horvie78 to join us as a 4th to give us a numerical advantage but the core group remains the same.

We had a shaky day Sunday, however.

tsut30
To:
polabonz
Received:
11/8/2012 9:28:00 AM
Subject:
I don't think my overall, general strategy has changed persay. I've made new alliances with my new team Aaron tribe with golfpro and ghutton, in my past sneaky yen tribe I was with Dustin lema, who's now gone, as well as with arfy and sjurat. I think i played mb and katz's alliance pretty well, they thought I was with them, when it was me having the swing vote that put Katz out.

Tony

Arfy
To:
polabonz
Received:
11/8/2012 9:37:00 AM
Subject:
To the biggest love of my life, Polabonez,

What the heck is a Polabonez anyway?

My main alliance is with Jhard and Trevnasty. I also have been working alot with Dubs. I told Dubs that me and Jhard would work with Dubs, Playergod, and psap and we would vote off Caesari first. In reality, I can't let him(Dubs) have numbers on me like that. So what HOPEFULLY will happen is that me, jhard, trevnasty, and Caesari will vote out Playergod first and then I will join with Dubs and we will vote out Caesari. Caesari spearheaded that attack against me so I won't feel so bad getting rid of him. I'd like to keep Dubs around as long as possilbe, I just can't let him have an edge on me.
trevnasty
To:
polabonz
Received:
11/8/2012 9:40:00 AM
Subject:
I was with ghutton, jhard and horvie and now the split has taken place and only one member has come with me.

My new stategy is to try and win as many challenges as possible and since I am the captain of the team, most ideas will fall on deaf ears as I try to make the decisions that will keep us from voting me and my alliance member off the island.

csudak
To:
polabonz
Received:
11/8/2012 9:41:00 AM
Subject:
Real simple,THANK GOD FOR A MERGE. I was on borrowed time with last tribe. My new strategy involves getting in with ghutton, nyaggie, and sjurat. We also have tsut with us, but I don't know him that well. Meanwhile I also have a fake alliance with redraider and golfpro, who for some reason must think I forgot he screwed me in the last tribe. Ghutton is technically with us as well, but we both know it is not real.

I wanted to team up with ghutton, cause I'm 99% sure he got the idol.

My only other long term alliance is with caesari and nyaggie, everyone else is getting picked off left and right.

Honestly I don't know how this is going to turn out.

Just need to keep winning I guess.
csudak
To:
polabonz
Received:
11/8/2012 9:42:00 AM
Subject:
and congratulations, you just fooled me completely.

Good luck with the info.
ghutton9
To:
polabonz
Received:
11/8/2012 10:43:00 AM
Subject:
My strategy changed quite a bit after the merge. In my old tribe I had a great alliance with horvie78, jhard70, and trevnasty that gave us contol over who left. My strategy was to stick with the group and play through it. After the merge I was left with none of my alliance or even my old tribe. Now I was scrambling. I had 3 people message me about joining an alliance with them. 2 of them are people I've come to know through the games on this site, csudak and nyaggie98, so I've kind of gone with them without letting on to the other, golfpro71, that I'm not in alliance with them. That way if need be I can align with that person while staying close to what's going on with everyone. Also having the first idol kind of allows me to play this way and get a feel for if I'm going to be the one left out.
jhard70
To:
polabonz
Received:
11/8/2012 11:58:00 AM
Subject:
re:Idol Clue

I am alligned with Caesar, Dublinuf and Playergod. Our object is to vote out Arfy. He doesn't know it's coming though.
coach_deen
To:
polabonz
Received:
11/8/2012 10:30:00 PM
Subject:
Well, in the beginning I didn't even know what an alliance in Survivor meant! I was as green as it gets! bhazlewood, psap and golfpro71 invited me in. I agreed, but honestly had no idea what I was agreeing to. I luckily made it through the first rd. and am now in alliance with bhazlewood, psap and horie78. I feel good about making it through this round, but who knows? The one thing I've learned is to trust no one!
coach_deen
To:
polabonz
Received:
11/8/2012 10:43:00 PM
Subject:
Don't know if we're supposed to include everything (sorry if we're not but I can use an idol!...LOL) but I am also teaming with stalagna & ffbplayergod IF I make it to the next round. Well, at least I think I am! (LOL) They have contacted me, but since I don't know either real well I haven't made my mind up 100%. I guess we shall see!

nyaggie98
To:
polabonz
Received:
11/8/2012 10:33:00 AM
Subject:
In my previous alliance I was letting dublinuf run the show, he was choose who myself, stalagna and bhouska should vote for. Now with the new tribe I created an alliance with myself, ghutton, csudak, tsut30 and sjurat. We are all agree if we should lose a challenge that golfpro will be the first voted out, followed by redraider. Later on I have a devious plan with caesari to get rid of csudak, if I make it that far!

sjurat
To:
polabonz
Received:
11/8/2012 10:10:00 PM
Subject:
Life is like Tony the Tiger....grrreaaattttt.

I have a new fool-proof 4-person alliance that will get me thru the next round --- and I haven't had to put any thought into the challenges, other then mixing up the e "looks great" or "sounds good" to teammates suggestions.

Cya after the next merge

caesari
To:
polabonz
Received:
11/8/2012 5:40:00 PM
Subject:
1/2/2013 11:48 AM
Csudak has to win the award for worst actor though.  

"I don't have the idol, but please make sure to tell me if you guys are going to vote me out"

Ha ha!!!!!!

1/2/2013 12:08 PM
Guess now is the time to apologize to sjurat for posting the sitemail before I was tossed off the island by Arfy, so sjurat I apologize.  I couldn't get over the not participating in challenges when I was captain, yes I did notice. 
1/2/2013 12:21 PM
Posted by polabonez on 1/2/2013 9:29:00 AM (view original):
The second Idol... Escape from Bonez Garage.....  Well.. if anyone has any specific questions about the puzzles  I'll answer them.. I'm not going to give the exact walkthrough of the game...

ghutton9 was also the first to solve this... in the AM the day after I posted it... I don't remember who now... but someone also solved it 15 minutes after he did....

This gave him the most powerful idol in the game, the Idol of PolaBonez... which he gave to Arfy.  This got past around quite a bit in the game, but eventually went home with Arfy. 

Arfy tried giving it back to jhard70 when he was up for a revote when the votes were coming in, but I did not allow it and the idol went home with him.
That was me.  Ghutton, trev, and I were discussing our progress.  Trev was the one who figured out that the light switch needed to be fixed.  Once I knew that, it was smooth sailing until the end...except Ghutton beat me by 15 minutes.
1/2/2013 12:23 PM
AND NOW FOR THE CROWNING OF THE SURVIVOR XI CHAMPION:

These votes are in the order that they WERE RECEIVED to me from the jury... Voting for who they think should WIN Survivor XI - The Brain

dublinuf - Votes for horvie78
horvie78- 1
ghutton9 - 0

csudak - votes for ghutton9
horvie78 - 1
ghutton9 - 1
arfy - votes for ghutton9

horvie78 - 1
ghutton9 - 2
bhazlewood - votes for horvie78
horvie78 - 2
ghutton9 - 2
nyaggie98 - votes for ghutton9
horvie78 - 2
ghutton9 - 3
tsut30 - votes for horvie78
horvie78 - 3
ghutton9 - 3
jhard70 - votes for ghutton9 
horvie78 - 3
ghutton9 - 4
trevnasty - votes for horvie78
horvie78 and ghutton9 are at a 4-4 tie with one vote to go.
And the last and deciding vote to crown GD survivor XI - The Brain Champion
sjurat votes for....

horvie78
Congrats to both finalists.  Horvie78 Is Crowned Champion of GD Survivor XI - THE BRAIN

1/2/2013 12:25 PM
I knew the light switch needed fixed but trev told me how. I was stuck there from the night it was posted until trev sitemailed me the answer. And since the votes are in now, I'm not really the *** that I tried to come across as in my speech. I feel terrible about how everything went, but I knew that if I didn't make a final 2 deal with csudak then the honesty of our alliance players would've been our down fall. At least the way I went about it guaranteed at least 1 of our alliance would get to the end. That fire building challenge would've killed me, trev, jhard and horvie. We had more to lose. The others knew it was their only way and had to take the chance. The reason I gave the better than everyone speech was because it would've been pretty boring if me and horvie gave the same vote for me speech because I didn't screw anyone over. I could've done that and nobody would've known any different.
1/2/2013 12:31 PM
Congrats horvie. It was closer than I expected. I had an awesome time and like arfy I won't play again. It's just not for me. However if Tyson wants help with the next one then I'd love to help.
1/2/2013 12:33 PM
Posted by nyaggie98 on 1/2/2013 12:21:00 PM (view original):
Guess now is the time to apologize to sjurat for posting the sitemail before I was tossed off the island by Arfy, so sjurat I apologize.  I couldn't get over the not participating in challenges when I was captain, yes I did notice. 
My apologies man.  I was out of allies to get rid of and you never talk about the game with me, so it made the most sense at the time.
1/2/2013 12:36 PM
Congrats Horvie!
1/2/2013 12:39 PM
Congrats horvie, looking forward to the next game.

1/2/2013 12:42 PM
Congrats horvie. Had no problem with either guy winning. I honestly thought I might be the only one voting for horvie. Good game ghutton, you both played well.
1/2/2013 12:43 PM
Posted by Arfy on 1/2/2013 12:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by nyaggie98 on 1/2/2013 12:21:00 PM (view original):
My apologies man.  I was out of allies to get rid of and you never talk about the game with me, so it made the most sense at the time.
What fun...

Oh btw, I didn't "vote" for Horvie...my vote was actually....NOT GHUTTON.
1/2/2013 12:44 PM
◂ Prev 1...90|91|92|93|94...102 Next ▸
GD Survivor XI - horvie78 crowned champ. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.