I am considering making the jump to D2 for the first time, and wanted to see if there were a few ideal spots that I should consider. Any ideas?
10/12/2012 9:21 AM
Texas and California schools, in my opinion.
10/12/2012 10:10 AM
east coast all the way. in this new engine, the more i play, the more i think low-pop areas are for the birds.
10/12/2012 10:10 AM
Although U of DC seems to be good in both worlds I'm in, but they are also coached by elite coaches in those worlds.
10/12/2012 10:11 AM
I really like Grand Canyon, it's the only DII school in Arizona with the DI schools being (or should be) elite that SHOULD give you an advantage for the DI fringe players.   You are also pretty close to CA and western Texas.   That's a lot to scout.
10/12/2012 10:13 AM
well texas is always good and CA has plenty of recruits too, so im sure those are fine as well. really any high pop area should be fine. if you are really trying to get an advantage, check if there are any dominant conferences, and if so, join up or go somewhere else.
10/12/2012 10:13 AM
Posted by coach_billyg on 10/12/2012 10:13:00 AM (view original):
well texas is always good and CA has plenty of recruits too, so im sure those are fine as well. really any high pop area should be fine. if you are really trying to get an advantage, check if there are any dominant conferences, and if so, join up or go somewhere else.
This just reads funny to me.  It's like you're saying, either join a top conference or don't.
10/12/2012 1:55 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 10/12/2012 1:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by coach_billyg on 10/12/2012 10:13:00 AM (view original):
This just reads funny to me.  It's like you're saying, either join a top conference or don't.
That's always good advice.
10/12/2012 2:01 PM
Grand Canyon's good, and the TX/NC/CA spots are nice, too.  I've always been a huge fan of the NAAA, though - it doesn't exist in real life - as it's got schools from New England, Ohio-WV-PA, the Pacific Northwest, and even Alaska.  The NAAA can be a power conference without ever really having inconference recruiting battles.
10/12/2012 2:19 PM
I like Missouri-St. Louis for D2...a lot of recruits are placed in the St. Louis metro area, so you can often times find pulldown/dropdown material inside your 70-mile circle. Kansas City and Chicago, two more urban areas where recruits cluster, are both inside your 300-mile circle...hitting Chicago can often mean tripping over your GLV conference mates, but even then it's good for the occasional steal. Added bonus, eaastern Texas isn't THAT far away and can easily be scouted and ravaged for overlooked recruits. Being centrally located in the US, you can expand your search to just about anywhere without incurring insane expenses. 
10/12/2012 2:55 PM
I did very well in NYC.
10/13/2012 2:40 PM
I definitely have noticed a huge advantage to being in the DC area.  UDC, Bowie St. are good choices off the top of my head there.  You have lots of low DI talent very close that you can easily pulldown and most of those DI schools are run by sims that don't give you much competition. 
10/13/2012 3:09 PM
Alaska Anchorage is baller.
10/13/2012 3:19 PM
I have D2 teams in North Carolina, Maryland, Kentucky and Missouri.  I've had success at all of them but Kentucky's the most difficult for recruiting. There are rarely any good in-state players.  But, on the plus side, Kentucky is bordered by seven states so it's not a hopeless situation.   My current roster has bordering states Illinois (3 players), Ohio, Indiana. West Virginia.  The Carolinas are within 400 miles and I have two from South Carolina.  I also have one each from KY, PA, TEX, and ID.

I'd say Maryland is my easiest, although I have 3 long-distance players on the roster.  North Carolina a close second
10/13/2012 3:39 PM (edited)
Posted by barretchap on 10/13/2012 3:09:00 PM (view original):
I definitely have noticed a huge advantage to being in the DC area.  UDC, Bowie St. are good choices off the top of my head there.  You have lots of low DI talent very close that you can easily pulldown and most of those DI schools are run by sims that don't give you much competition. 
Can't disagree.  NYC is also perfectly reachable from there, and Philly is right around the corner.
10/13/2012 7:06 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.