Opinions needed! Topic

What would everyone here do in the following scenario?

World Series game 1, Team A wins 10-2, Team B has connection issues and has to keep trying to reconnect. Game finishes, but does not record. Support says they can't figure out what rare occurrence caused the problem, but can set the winner of Game 1 to Team A. No effect on fatigue but both owners agree not to use the Game 1 starting pitcher in Game 2.

Options are:
A. Team A leads 1-0, series continues starting with the second game on the schedule.
B. Game does not count, tough luck for Team A.

10/12/2012 12:30 PM
A. Team A leads 1-0.
10/12/2012 1:02 PM
I would take C.  Don't have CS reset the series, but have team B intentionally throw the game however necessary.  You still wind up with the fatigue that way, get the right result, seems like the best of both worlds.
10/12/2012 1:56 PM
Thought of that, but had a couple reservations:
- Player B had connection issues. If that comes up again and he has to leave, there's no way to ensure Team A wins (and even if he does, might have to use relievers/pinch hitters he'd never have used in a 10-2 win. There would be no way to know if Player B left because of connection issues or as a way to let Sparky try to win the game.
- I can see issues arising over when the SP are pulled in the replay. No record of the game, so either can pull his SP in the 3rd inning and claim that's when he was pulled in the original game, and the other can claim 'No it isn't' and things go downhill from there.
10/12/2012 2:14 PM
It doesn't seem like it should be that tough for guys to be honest about what happened.  I've intentionally tossed a playoff game before after a similar situation...
10/12/2012 3:01 PM
At least twice, actually.
10/12/2012 3:02 PM
A
10/12/2012 3:03 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 10/12/2012 3:01:00 PM (view original):
It doesn't seem like it should be that tough for guys to be honest about what happened.  I've intentionally tossed a playoff game before after a similar situation...
Agreed - should be a simple thing. For a crash in a lop-sided game where I was losing, I've never sent in a ticket for it, just started the mop up to at least get the score to where it was. Or in the case of the ninth inning - tossed it.  
10/12/2012 4:25 PM
In this case, both owners stated that the game had finished with a 10-2 score. It simply didn't get recorded.
10/12/2012 4:50 PM

With a couple of notable exceptions, I find it hard to believe anyone in LIVE would pick option B.

10/12/2012 5:46 PM
A
10/12/2012 6:16 PM
A
10/12/2012 7:50 PM
Thanks everyone. Issue resolved!
10/12/2012 9:49 PM
Opinions needed! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.