2013 BPISPORTS.COM BALONCESTO $50 WISGC TO WINNER! Topic

Gentlemen...and ladies?!,

Welcome to my version of fantasy basketball, the 2013 BPISPORTS.COM BALONCESTO contest!  The rules are simple and it's easy and free to enter.

-You pick 1 NBA player each week and he scores points for you according to the format below

-You can only pick that player once throughout the season

-Only his best game will be scored in the Monday-Sunday week, so if you pick Dwight Howard and he plays 4 games from Monday to Sunday of the week you picked him, and he gets 42, 37, 60, 47...then the 60 point game (BPI Points) will be the one that counts, all others are discarded.  The user with the most points at the end of the NBA regular season, wins a $50 WIS GC!

-All picks will be due Mondays at Noon ET, except for the first week when selections will be due by Tuesday 10-30-12 at 6PM ET

So there's no confusion, the way this breaks down, it's -1 for a missed FGA and -0.5 for a missed FTA, it's my way of factoring in shooting percentage.

MISSED FGA: -1
MISSED FTA: -0.5
PTS: 1
REB: 1.5
AST: 2
STL: 3
BLK: 3
TO: - 2

HOW TO JOIN/PLAY

Send an email to [email protected] with "BPI Sports" in the subject line with the following information:

First Name: Trevor
Last Name: Riley
Email Address: [email protected]
USA State, Canadian Province, or Country of Residence: Michigan/Quebec/Norway

Username: Can be the first 3 letters of your last name (RIL) or your first initial of your first name and the first 2 letters of your last name (TRI), or your first, middle, and last initials (TWR).

Jersey Number (Pick Five in order of importance, 00-99): 67-08-07-81-69

NOTE: Your BPI Sports ID will be a combination of your username, your jersey number, and your state/province/country (i.e. – RIL-67-MI…if I lived in Quebec it’d be RIL-67-PQ…if I lived in Norway RIL-67-NOR).  In the event that all five of your jersey numbers are already taken for your username, I will choose a jersey number for you at random.

To play, email your selections like the following example to [email protected] before the deadlines.  Please include the player and his team in all submissions

BPI Sports ID: RIL-67-MI
Email Address: [email protected]

BALONCESTO: John Wall, Washington

Feel free to copy and paste, and substitute as necessary.  YOU MUST SEND IN YOUR SELECTIONS FROM THE EMAIL YOU REGISTER WITH.  Expect results for all contests to be posted every Tuesday.

10/13/2012 3:17 PM (edited)
um....    get out of here?
10/13/2012 10:35 PM
lol why's that?
10/14/2012 7:30 AM
because you're spamming for another site? which is classless? which if there was even a modicum of oversight or regulation in these forums they would have deleted already?
10/14/2012 10:10 AM
Spamming for another site?  Offering a $50 WIS GC as the prize and I'll be posting the results here?  I don't even have a page setup for this on my website.
10/14/2012 11:29 AM
what site is that?
10/14/2012 2:43 PM
My website is www.bpisports.com I don't make a dime off of it
10/14/2012 9:33 PM
I dont care you're clearly spamming - what's the name of this thread?
10/14/2012 10:18 PM
It's the name of the contest, you don't have to go to my website to participate in the contest and that's clear in the content of my intial post.  I've done it before and had no problems, but you're getting bent about a .com ...if you're so appalled, get it deleted, I'm sure WIS will be thrilled to kill a contest where the prize is a GC for their company...
10/15/2012 11:50 AM
what's bpisports.com? at least be honest with yourself
10/15/2012 12:11 PM
dude, it's my website that I've run for the last 10 years where I do rankings, games, and sports analyses, I routinely post links to it, it's legit, no popups, no ads, no nothing...I don't get why you're so paranoid.
10/15/2012 12:27 PM
oh so it's a website that you run? what does it have to do with this competition? do i have to have a bpisports user name and pass code?
10/15/2012 1:13 PM
I see what you're doing here, but I'll bite/play anyway.  Yes, and it's the title of the competition, if it just said Baloncesto, it doesn't have the same impact.  The way I look at it, it's like saying the colonels19 Baloncesto contest, but since I've been running my website for 10 years and tagging my competitions with it, I continue to do so, it's almost my ID.

The username creation is kind of for me as well, leaving my stamp.  I'd prefer you create a username according to my format, but I guess it isn't completely necessary.  I would like to get contests like these to be mainstays here and on my website thus I partly do this to gauge interest abroad, and there hasn't been much.  Again I'm not making money off of this, it's a free contest that I'm shelling out a $50 GC to just because I want to run the game.  I'm not slimy, or shady, this is legit and if people don't take me seriously, then all I can say is that I tried.  FWIW, I used to just put BPI Sports on these, but now since there's a bpisports.net that runs a prominent/illegal? supplement business, I tend to put the .com at the end as to not confuse the originator.

It doesn't look like this is gonna fly, but having guys like you clog up my thread with your puffed-out chest certainly doesn't help either.  People don't realize how much I care about this kind of stuff and these kinds of fantasy games, whether I ever make a dime doing it or not.
10/15/2012 2:59 PM (edited)
I'm interested... but it this going to be up and running? or not enough interest?     
10/29/2012 8:05 AM
I'll be making picks, but no one has joined....changed it to 2 picks a week if curious, if you wanted to jump aboard
10/29/2012 2:36 PM
2013 BPISPORTS.COM BALONCESTO $50 WISGC TO WINNER! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.