Greedy Owner ProRegressive League (5 in) Topic

I have been working on a progressive/regressive league for a long time so here it is.  Each owner will select either a team from 1901 or 2012 as a base team this teams stadium will also be yours for the 1st season this is first come firrst serve.  After full(24 teams) we will have a maximum 10 round draft for owners to get additional players from teams not selected  players from 1901 will progress and players from 2012 will regress.  In subsequent years we will have a maximum 8 round draft if you do not have enough players you will be assigned one for that year meaning draft wisely.  The shortened draft represents getting rid of some one year wonders and more challenge of drafting. Draft Order will be team winning percentage worst to best non serpentine style for first season.  In additional season 33 games will need to be won by 120 game mark to qualify for top 3 pick if this is not met 4th will be the highest pick possible and so on. Tiebreakers in winning PCT first year will be decided by owners last two rating numbers which ever is lower will draft.  Tiebreakers in next season will be decided by home win/loss record.  Worse team at home will draft first.

Division alignment will be set by the way you name your team standard City/State  Nickname format.  please use cities in the United States (ex.  Bangor Buffaloes).  After i get all the teams in I will create the alignment by proximity of cities each owner has selected.  Please send me the city you plan on using via site-mail so it is a secret to everyone and tell me what state it is in if it is a small town. I will send my city/ Nickname to the first hall of famer that signs up

So were does the Greedy Owner come in?

Owner move teams around in sports all the time and this league will exprience that. 

If an owner wants to move stadium in any season after the first he/she can but will give up 3rd round draft(will pick at the end of draft instead and will draft a stadium instead of a player.  This can only be done in the 3rd round.  Once the new stadium is selected the older stadium will be blacklisted forever.

at the end of the draft the owners that changed stadiums will sitemail me with one of two things

1.  A new city/nickname

2.  There are keeping the city/nickname they had

If the team moves to a new city (ex.  Bangor Buffaloes moving to Las Vegas Lobos) division realignment will happen geographical and you may be placed in new division.  This is a way to get out of a "harder division" or go head to head with WIS rivals but be careful they move somewhere too.  This will not be known until I place all the teams in a league.  This can only be done by each franchise every 3 years

Here are some of the other rules

WW: No
Trades: Yes
DH: No
Trading draft picks:  following season draft only
AAA: No
Keepers: Unlimited but only 8 new players can be drafted per season
Teams: Hoping for 24 minimum of 20

Keepers need to be posted after 120 game mark in the forum please let me know at 120 game mark if you planning on leaving or before that if you know you do not want to stay.

Players that were dropped will enter the draft pool along with anyone else not selected from previous season plus new players that are rookies or retired

IR will be maximum of 5 players each season. IR can only be used if a player does not meet the requirements to be in WIS for a season or does not appear in subsequent seasons.  If you use IR those players must appear on roster the first year they have a qualifying WIS season.  No holding onto players so another owner cannot have them.  Also you cannot draft a player that does not have a WIS qualifying season if hopes of putting him on IR and using him the next season.

Multiple players on a team will be handled as such:

2012 players will be property of team they ended on

1901 players will be property of team they started with

http://www.baseball-reference great site to figure it all out.

Feel free once you own a player to use any part of his season you like

I think that is all for now.  Feel free to ask questions via sitemail or in the forum. I have placed myself as draft #20

10/17/2012 10:10 AM (edited)
Owner - Team

1. Coled - 2012 New York Yankees 
2. Oldschool62 - 1901 Pittsburgh Pirates
3. Imladris12 - 2012 St Louis Cardinals
20. Nikospade -

10/18/2012 1:32 PM (edited)
I'll start things off with the 2012 Yanks
10/16/2012 2:25 PM
thanks I knew that was going to happen!!!!!
10/16/2012 2:26 PM
I figured, what better "greedy owner" team :-)
10/16/2012 2:29 PM
I'll try the 1901 PIRATES
10/16/2012 8:42 PM
Thanks for joining oldschool you got em!!!!
10/16/2012 10:49 PM
BUMP!  One little change decided to make the IR 5 instead of 4
10/17/2012 10:09 AM
2012 St. Louis Cardinals
10/17/2012 8:04 PM
you got em imladris!!!
10/18/2012 2:10 PM
If I understand this correctly, after we all select a team, there will be a non serpentine draft based on the winning % of the team we select. This will be a 10 player draft.
10/23/2012 1:46 PM
correct
10/23/2012 4:57 PM
lowest winning percentage will draft 1st and so on
10/23/2012 4:58 PM
10/24/2012 3:59 PM
sorry guys i don't think this is going to fill I'll give it a go again in a few months
11/3/2012 5:34 AM
Greedy Owner ProRegressive League (5 in) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.