Fatigue and injuries Topic

Has anyone studied the relationship between fatigue level and frequency of injuries in "injuries on" leagues? What is the probability of of a position player getting injured in a given game at, say, 50% fatigue? How does fatigue level effect how early in a game a player will be injured? 

10/20/2012 8:04 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I once enetered a team in a $40M league where I drafted very good hitting pitchers with secondary positions all over the diamond.  My hope was to fatigue my position players (none of whom had more than 70 PA/162) and have the pitchers take over in the field.  It didn't work.  Even at 0% my position players averaged 3-5 innings I think.  The main problem with my strategy, I believe, is that players can only be injured on a play.  And really any individual player other than the pitcher and catcher is not involved on that many plays through a game. 
10/20/2012 1:25 PM
Thanks, zubinsum. That's the kind of information I need trying to prep for just4me's new league. The aim will be to lose as many games as possible. With injuries off, the obvious strategy would be to play the worst guys in the sim at as close to 0% as possible. But injuries will be on, so I'll have to find a fatigue level which keeps the worst players in the game and doesn't get them injured and replaced by good players.
10/21/2012 7:38 AM
Posted by zubinsum on 10/20/2012 1:25:00 PM (view original):
I once enetered a team in a $40M league where I drafted very good hitting pitchers with secondary positions all over the diamond.  My hope was to fatigue my position players (none of whom had more than 70 PA/162) and have the pitchers take over in the field.  It didn't work.  Even at 0% my position players averaged 3-5 innings I think.  The main problem with my strategy, I believe, is that players can only be injured on a play.  And really any individual player other than the pitcher and catcher is not involved on that many plays through a game. 
Zube, you are truly one crazy guy. lol  It was great thinking and creativity, but I guess you discovered exactly how fatigue and injuries works in the sim.
10/25/2012 2:29 PM
Fatigue and injuries Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.