What determines player growth? Topic

Just a quick question, hopefully someone has an answer for me. So I've got three Freshman, first season as the coach.

Player 1 is a SG has a work ethic of 38, overall he has increased around 39 points, only four areas are in the red in terms of potential growth, only speed and work ethic are black, all other areas are blue.

Player 2 is a SF has a work ethic of 43, overall he has increased around 55 points, two areas are in the red, six in the black, the rest are blue. He has gained six in the work ethic category.

Player 3 is a SF has a work ethic of 35, overall he has increased around 65 points, three areas are in the red, five in the black, only four in blue.

So my question is, how has player three been able to increase exponentially more than player one?
10/21/2012 10:03 PM
Playing time is probably the difference. If I looked at your team and saw that, I would assume player 3 is a starter and plays a lot of minutes.
10/22/2012 1:08 PM
Player 3 isn't a starter, averages 16 minutes a game.
Player 2 is a starter and averages 22 minutes a game.
Player 1 averages 9.5 minutes a game.
10/22/2012 9:12 PM
Hmm I wonder if it has anything to do with practice time distribution.
10/23/2012 4:42 PM
Yeah it's gotta be either what branch said, or the only other thing could be that #3 has a bunch of high-highs as opposed to maybe low-highs for the other two.
10/29/2012 8:39 PM
They are fairly similar players in terms of abilities to increase.

I am really interested to see how player three pans out. He increased 19 and 18 in perimeter and low-post and still has a high increase ability in both. Oveall he increased 85 points this season.

Player two makes me fairly happy as well, he is the second or third highest rated true Freshman in D3 now.
10/30/2012 5:50 PM
What determines player growth? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.