D3, Season 62 Topic

Sorry to see you go carl -- that's quite a program you've built up there! I appreciate the sentiment on a national title, but I'll be the first to admit that I don't play the game at nearly the level needed to accomplish that feat. I'm a chronic second-round NT dropout (although I'm hopeful my Hanover team in iba might be better than a 2nd round exit this season...) hoping that if I pay close enough attention I'll pick up on some things needed to make that next breakthrough step. Unfortunately, i think that might require me hanging spy cams while others are recruiting to see their secrets. 
12/4/2012 10:48 AM
Thanks guys, J&W definitely put it together at the right time.  I felt like we underachieved in big games during the season and that I couldn't find the right lineup.  We lost pretty easily to Rivier in the CT finals and then only won the 2v15 game by 11 points, so I wasn't feeling great about how we were playing at that point.  But clearly the lineup I used the last 5 games worked MUCH better. 

I really had two guys, Allen Woods and Roy Black, who I absolutely love at SF.  I tried playing Black at SG to get them both out there, but I think he's wasted a little bit at SG with 46 Spd.  I ended up deciding to start the elite defender Woods and bring Black's 700+ overall off the bench.  That also seems like wasting him a little bit, but I think it did a lot to help the scoring depth/balance.  It also helped when, in the title game last night, my PGs got into foul trouble.  Black is a pretty serviceable 3rd option at PG, so we didn't miss a beat with our top two PGs having foul issues.  I think it's a good example of how just putting the best 5 in the starting lineup isn't always the best move.

carl, I hate to see you move on, but good luck!  If you get tired of the D1/D2 scene, definitely come back to D3!  Seeing the success you've had with the zone definitely makes me want to try it again (I've avoided it like the plague since the new engine).
12/4/2012 11:22 AM
interesting to see some coaches move on.... Rose-Hulman Tech (nachopuzzle) has not renewed and has a new coach.  Unlikelyhero at Illi Wes moved up to D2.  bunkerbuster, legendary coach in D3 at Texas school (Iba world) did not renew his rebuilding project at Peidmont.

UAA hopes to welcome 2 new coaches today and tomorrow, leaving only one sim coached team.
12/7/2012 2:51 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7
D3, Season 62 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.