SIM Recommendations Topic

Hi everyone,

I am not sure how much credence to give to the SIM recommendations in terms of batting order and bullpen placement (for example).  I feel more comfortable looking at the statistics and making the batting order myself, but if those recommendations are highly accurate, that changes everything. 

On a scale of 1-10 where "1" is not trustworthy at all and 10 is "highly trustworthy" how much do all of you lean on those recommendations at the beginning of a new season? 

Thanks much!

10/30/2012 11:59 AM
A LOT less than 1!
10/30/2012 12:10 PM
Thanks, crazystengel!
10/30/2012 12:12 PM
To be clear, the SIM recommendations are slightly better than nothing at all.  But they're sitting right next to useless.  For example, I remember entering the 1967 White Sox in a theme league once (the whole real life team), and the best pitcher by far, Cisco Carlos, was the default mop up.  I'm sure there was some logic at work there (he had fewer innings than every other pitcher, and at least one other pitcher had more saves, or something), but really, that's a terrible decision.  I think just about anyone who knows a little bit about baseball could set their lineups better than the SIM recommendations.
10/30/2012 12:21 PM
agree with Crazy - sometimes I'll put on the recommendations just to see what NOT to do
10/30/2012 12:27 PM
Following Sparky's recommendations will get you 100+ losses.
10/30/2012 12:33 PM
Then again, following mine may be worse.
10/30/2012 12:34 PM

I never have used the default or recommended settings for line up, staff settings, or the more indepth recommendations shown on the managerial settings.   So I would give it a "1", useless (and potentially harmful to your team)

10/30/2012 12:37 PM
Thanks for sharing your specific experiences, everyone.  I have put together a few poor teams in a row and that made me wonder if I should be leaning more heavily on the recommendations. 

I refuse to consider that I might be responsible for constructing faulty teams.  Haha. 
10/30/2012 1:38 PM
SIM Recommendations Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.