Trading arb eligible players Topic

When an arb eligible player is involved in a trade, during the approval process, the link to Long Term deal negotiation disappears.

Agree.

I believe two more things should happen;

1. The link to arb should disappear as well if the deal was made before the arbitration period of the schedule. By having the link there, that leaves the team trading the player in control of making an arbitration deal with the player being dealt in the 24 hour trade approval period. The decision to arb, the amount to offer in arb or to offer long term instead should lie with the team receiving the player in the deal.

2. Because there's a possibility of having a tight squeeze in time (or, if the deal is made in the PM2 cycle 2 before the arbitration period, no time at all) where the receiving team is able to negotiate with the arbitration eligible player, there should be a moratorium on deals involving pre-arb players from the PM2 cycle 1 to the AM cycle 1 preceding the arbitration period on the schedule.

I do realize that communication with the trading partner solves some of this, and in the past I have given direction on what to offer the player.

But n00bs, while having the best intentions arbitrating the player, may arb3 a player, or take away the ability for the receiving team to negotiate their own arb amount, or the ability to offer long term. 

10/31/2012 12:37 PM
Easier solution:  You can't trade a player unless they have been signed, either in arbitration or long-term.
Does anyone know if MLB teams can trade players that aren't either under a long-term contract or are up for salary arbitration, before their arbitration hearing?
11/1/2012 2:55 PM
Yes - once they tender a contract to an arb-eligble player, they are considered signed and can be traded.
11/1/2012 3:01 PM
Trading arb eligible players Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.