Question on pitching set up Topic

I played in a league where an owner always started a "relief" or AAA pitcher for 1-2 innings and then brought in his main starter for the next 6-7 innings.  Can't seem to figure out how he set up his staff.  I started a relief pitcher and then set my "starters" as "long" relief.  They never seem to pitch beyond 2-3 innings even though I've got their pitch count set at 95-105.  I even had one relief pitcher start a game and had his pitch count set at the lowest level 40-45, and sparky let him pitch 96 pitches.  Anyone now how to set up a staff like this?  TKS  
10/31/2012 1:52 PM

My guess would be he has it setup as a "Tandem" rotation with the RP or AAA guys as Tandem 1A and the better pitcher as Tandem 1B.

As for pitch counts, to get the "long relief" pitcher to hit their 95-105 as desired, make sure they are not being pinch hit for (you can uncheck their PH box in advanced settings) or set your PH to 1. Also, to get them to pitch to their limits, set their "call pen" number to 1 as well. This will keep them in the game longer as they won't be pulled for another RP.

The only thing I can think of as to why a pitcher was left in for 96 pitches if you had the target at 40 and max at 45 would be that your relievers were not available until a certain inning (5th inning perhaps) and since no one was available to relieve your pitcher until a certain inning, Sparky let him throw that many pitches. Check your Advanced Settings to see when your guys set for Long relief are available.

10/31/2012 2:34 PM
Question on pitching set up Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.