UPDATE update 11/1 Topic

Posted by norbert on 11/1/2012 6:04:00 PM (view original):
The plan right now is everybody that wants to test will be able to get at least one team.  After the initial start of the worlds, we may look at adding more worlds and more teams per user, as well as come up with some way to get users to the higher levels.  We want to test as much as we can at every level of the game.
Awesome News!!!!!!

Thanxs norbert
11/2/2012 12:42 AM
Posted by norbert on 11/1/2012 6:04:00 PM (view original):
The plan right now is everybody that wants to test will be able to get at least one team.  After the initial start of the worlds, we may look at adding more worlds and more teams per user, as well as come up with some way to get users to the higher levels.  We want to test as much as we can at every level of the game.
I'll take a test team
11/2/2012 8:20 AM
I'm off from work until Dec.3oth so let me know if ya need any help Norbert
11/2/2012 4:47 PM
I'm pretty sure he didn't intend this thread to be a "signup" for the beta. 
11/2/2012 6:09 PM
what about cloning existing teams into the test world?
11/2/2012 11:18 PM
Posted by govolswoo on 11/2/2012 11:18:00 PM (view original):
what about cloning existing teams into the test world?
That would even b better
11/3/2012 5:04 PM
Norbert, I would love to be a Beta Tester.....I left because of the last update, and miss GD.  I a strong canidate to return if a few pet peevs have resolved!
11/4/2012 5:00 PM
Yes, this is not a "sign up for beta" or any kind of testing thread.  We are doing just internal testing currently with some of the council taking part.  We copied the live data down to test and got some internal people and the council hooked up with teams.  Since the test accounts database is different than the live accounts, we have to hook up teams manually which takes some time, and that's why we don't let everyone in at this stage.  The internal testing has to be pretty solid before I would consider getting the beta started, plus there is still quite a bit of coding to do on the engine to add back in things that had to be stripped out like penalties and turnovers.  When the beta opens, you will know, and everyone that wants in is going to be able to get in.

From the internal testing, I still need to work on balancing some of the play results for both rushing and passing, and I need to work on the expanded pbp so it makes a little more sense.  Still working on some ideas on how to convey more information in that pbp, but I hope to get more feedback during beta and update it even more then.  I also need to work the fatigue and turnovers into the game. because those are pretty core parts that I don't think I can have people beta testing without them in.  I might hold off on penalties until beta depending on how much time I have, as I think we can test games without penalties and it would give me more time to work them into the engine in a way that makes sense rather than just random calls.

I also need to work on the engine in making sure the formations, both offensive and defensive, work the way we expect them to work (i.e. 4-4 better against the run and Dime better against the pass with lots of WRs).  That might also be something that gets a lot of tweaking during beta as it will greatly benefit having lots of people looking at lots of different game results.

11/5/2012 11:08 AM
Norbert, like the majority I appreciate all of the hard work you've put in and am looking forward to beta testing. Congrats on what you've accomplished so far!
11/9/2012 12:13 AM
◂ Prev 12
UPDATE update 11/1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.