So I  played around with push/pull for a short bit and tend to agree that pull hitters may have a bit of an advantage in the power department due to field dimensions.   The part I found really interesting was that all of the players on my two teams who were classified as significant "push" hitters (p/p > 70) were pitchers.   I really couldn't come up with a good reason for this unless push somehow suppresses power numbers.  I know pitching is much better in the big leagues and pitchers never hit in the minors, but I have seen guys in Low A or rookie ball with similar hitting ratings as ML pitchers hit way more HRs in a season than pitchers do.
11/19/2012 1:57 PM
Not sure I have ever looked at or paid attention to the push/pull rating, but fascinating reading.  I'm much more interested in whether a guy is a true knuckle baller or not.
11/20/2012 6:03 PM
◂ Prev 123

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.