Bean ball retaliation Topic

I just posted something similar to this in a league forum...In that league, after my 1934 Babe Ruth hit his 2nd HR of the game, the next hitter, Pablo Sandoval, got beaned in the head.  In real life... Some sports center moment would probably occur.

One thing that would add a little fun to this game is a managment setting about "Bean Ball Retaliation"

Setting values and what they mean -

0 - "We're a bunch of nuns and eunuchs... we'd never retaliate with a bean ball"
1 - "If you hit two of our guys, we'll probably return the favor"
2 - "If that pitcher bats again, he's looking at a fastball in the leg"
3 - "We're gonna plunk your best hitter.  Hope his insurance is paid up"
4 - "Your next two leadoff hitters are about to be introduced to Mr. Spalding. "
5 - "Screw it.  We're throwing at everyone including the mascot and the ball boy".

11/5/2012 4:09 PM (edited)
I vote "Yes."  Although #5 would be hilarious, I'd probably rather go with Option #2.
11/6/2012 12:43 PM (edited)
#5 - I picture the bull getting drilled in Bull Durham. Ahhh... minor league baseball.
11/6/2012 10:25 AM
getting beaned is a favorable event in this game. "Hey, free base" the imaginary player says as he shrugs off his imaginary welt.
11/6/2012 11:20 PM
new player of the game feature " jeter gets belted in the ribs with a feller fastball..sits out a week ! "
11/7/2012 1:56 PM

Bob Gibson pitching to Ray Chapman.... Ray just walks away from the batters box, says "No way I'm facing him, if Carl Mays could kill me, that guy would remove my whole head with a fastball.  Call me when WIS starts using batting helmets."
11/7/2012 2:18 PM
Bean ball retaliation Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.