4 COMM League 1916/1976 Season--filled Topic

The 4COMM League, currently a 20 team league, will be starting it draft for the 1916/1976 season in a week.  We have 5 openings including a team with a 2nd year Babe Ruth.  The teams are the St. Louis Cardinals; Chicago Whales; St. Loius Browns; Seattle Mariners; and Brooklyn Dodgers.  Rosters are posted below.

Here are the league rules:

No DH, No WW, No AAA, No Salary Cap, No Live play. Injuries off. 

Teams may keep up to 25 players each year, plus injured reserve. Each team is allowed an unlimited number of IR slots for players who are not WIS-eligible in any given year. Each owner is responsible for keeping track of his IR players and making sure each year’s keeper list is correct. Failure to list a player as a keeper means that player will be added to the available draft list, and you risk losing the player.

Unlike some progressives, you do NOT need to drop players to account for traded draft picks. Each team will be allotted as many draft picks as necessary to reach 25 players, based on the total roster size of each team at the start of the draft. If, because of trades occurring during the draft, a team finds that it needs additional picks, those picks will be slotted at the very end of the draft.

There will be a random lottery among the 4 teams with the worst record to determine draft order for the first round only.

No team that fails to win at least 40 games during the regular season will draft higher than 3rd in the first round.

All other teams will draft in inverse order of their regular season record . All rounds subsequent to the first will be in inverse order of their regular season record .  Ties will be broken by total run differential (total runs scored less total runs allowed) with the team having the worst run differential drafting earlier.

Following the completion of the draft there will be an add/drop round where owners may add/drop as many players that they need to, each on a first come/first served basis. Sometimes there is an oversight and we miss drafting a need for the team. So any Players Drafted during the Current Draft, My NOT be Dropped for the Adds/Cuts.

If you will be away during your pick, you have two options:
(a) post a public proxy in the league forums OR 
(b) send a proxy to the commissioner and the two owners immediately following you AND post in the league forum draft thread that you have done this. 

Draft picks may be traded up to 2 seasons in advance.

11/6/2012 7:34 PM (edited)
St. Louis Cardinals--Busch Stadium

Expect a top 5 pick

C O'Neill, Steve; Clarke, Tommy
1st Carty, Rico; Perez, Tony
2nd Carew, Rod

3rd Rodriguez, Aurelio

SS Concepcion, Dave; Garner, Phil
OF Crawford, Sam; Campbell, Vin; Cruz, Jose; Crawford, Willie; Winfield, Dave

P Mayer, Erskine; Seaton, Tom; Figueroa, Ed; Ayers, Doc; Coumbe, Fritz; Rooker, Jim; Granger, Wayne; Forsch, Ken; Bush, Joe

Humphries, Bert; Mogridge, George; Drago, Dick

11/6/2012 7:40 PM (edited)

St. Louis Browns-- Need to chose an unused St. Louis Stadium or move team

Expect a bottom 5 slot pick

C Lapp, Jack; Killefer, Bill

1st Chambliss, Chris; Miller, Dots

2nd White, Frank; Morgan, Joe

3rd Cey, Ron; Foster, Eddie

SS Kessinger, Don; Chalk, Dave

OF Wynn, Jim; Rivers, Mickey; Zwilling, Dutch; Magee, Sherry

P  Blue, Vida; Torrez, Mike; Leonard, Dennis; Dubuc, Jean; McEnaney, Will; Eastwick, Rawly; Caldwell, Ray; Moseley, Earl; Meyers, Chief; Plank, Eddie; Pfeffer, Jeff

11/6/2012 7:41 PM (edited)
Taken by imladris12

Seattle Mariners--Safeco Field

Expect a bottom 5 slot pick

C Bench, Johnny
1st Konetchy, Ed
2B Pratt, Del
3B Groh, Heinie
SS Bancroft, Dave; Russell, Bill

OF LeFlore, Ron; Oglivie, Ben; Bumbry, Al; Felsch, Happy; Mann, Les; Bescher, Bob

Utility Randle, Len

P Shore, Ernie; Coveleski, Harry; Barr, Jim; Toney, Fred; Bosman, Dick; Medich, Doc; Ames, Red; Benton, Rube; Jackson, Grant; Quinn, Jack; Cooper, Wilbur; Pennock, Herb
11/10/2012 10:01 PM (edited)
Taken by ljemd

Brooklyn Dodgers--Ebbetts Field

Expect a top 5 pick

C Sundberg, Jim; McCarver, Tim
1st Daubert, Jake
2B Doyle, Denny; Fuentes, Tito
3B Bell, Buddy; Stock, Milt
SS Harrah, Toby; Duffy, Frank
Utility Lacy, Lee

OF Garr, Ralph; Washington, Claudell; Jackson, Reggie; Wheat, Zack; Kranepool, Ed

P Blyleven, Bert; Johnson, Chief; Tiant, Luis; Hooton, Burt; Rogers, Steve; Brett, Ken; Bird, Doug; Lyle, Sparky; Rhoden, Rick; Cosgrove, Mike
11/9/2012 6:07 AM (edited)
I'll take a chance that the league will find new life and owners. I'll take the Chicago team and give that Ruth guy a chance to mature into one of the great all time pitchers.
11/6/2012 8:40 PM
one of my favorite progressive leagues!  Originally started by dspahlinger - this has been a great league for many seasons.  

Lots of talent available on these teams, and if I'm in the league you know there is trading! :)
11/8/2012 7:41 PM
Can I take Brooklyn?

If so, let me know when the league fills up.
11/8/2012 9:06 PM
Brooklyn is yours ljemd--I will drop you a sitemail and give you access to the private forum.  Welcome aboard.
11/9/2012 6:06 AM
Seattle team has great pitching--should contend next season.  We can change to unused stadiums for any of the 3 remaining teams, too.
11/10/2012 6:27 AM
I am interested in the Seattle Mariners if you still need an owner.
11/10/2012 9:34 PM
St. Louis Browns are a good team--a 92 game winner this last season, only 1 game behind the division winner.
11/10/2012 10:01 PM
The other St. Louis team is a bit of a project but should get a high draft choice this year--some good pitching in the 16/76 draft--stan Coveleski, Burleigh Grimes, Urban Shocker along with position players like Andre Dawson, Jack Clark, Joe Judge, and Sam Rice.
11/11/2012 7:02 AM
St. Louis Browns are a good team--a 92 game winner this last season, only 1 game behind the division winner.

The Cards have a #5 pick in a good draft.

Great owners--give it a try.
11/12/2012 6:06 AM

Pick one of the two St. Louis teams and get a free season!  The Browns are a contender and the Cards have a high draft pick.  Join today!

11/16/2012 6:09 AM
12 Next ▸
4 COMM League 1916/1976 Season--filled Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.