A better watch list Topic

I've found the Watch list to be an occasionally useful tool that allows you to have a place for guys you'd like to target either thru trade or future FA classes in the future.  Beyond that, there is little use for it, and this afternoon an idea occured to me that could make the watch list a lot more useful.

I've got a team I took over for an intentionally tanking owner last season.  The guy had dumped multiple players to the FA market, had no cash left for players, had pitchers completely worn out, etc...  anyhoo, the commish sent me $20 to run the team again this season and help get it back on track.  I have no intentions of staying around long term, but there is currently about $25 mil tied up in guys playing on other teams for this season and about $19 mil tied up in 3 guys for the 3 seasons beyond this season.  Despite making a plea for the betterment of the world to have these guys returned to the franchise, to at least make it more appealing to the next owner, they remain elsewhere and I've assumed its sticking that way (not that those franchise have any direct reason beyond the betterment of the world to give up the solid vet while paying him the league minimum).

So I've got these 3 guys on the watch list, but it sure would be nice if there was an auto mailer sent to your GM inbox should any of those guys (or anyone on your watch list) was added to the trade block or put on waivers.  there is a league transaction note made anytime a player is placed on waivers, released, added to the trade block, etc...it would make the watch list a bit more relavent if they sent out a note to all GMs w/ a guy on their watch list any time he was waived, released, etc...
11/7/2012 12:01 PM
A better watch list Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.